Summer2000

Enable loop based on selected range

Can I select a range of objects and then right click and then select something like "loop selected range"? I've been looking for it in Samplitude 11 but can't seem to find it anywhere in the options. Most of the DAWs I've used have this feature in the menus.

Summer2000

Hi Summer ,

Try this. Go to menu item Range > Edit Range > Range over all selected objects - 5th from the bottom . That was one of the first commands I looked for when I started using Samp as well :lol:

Regards

Kraznet

Hi Summer ,

Try this. Go to menu item Range > Edit Range > Range over all selected objects - 5th from the bottom . That was one of the first commands I looked for when I started using Samp as well :lol:

Regards

Kraznet

Once again you save the day Kraznet!!! I'd been looking for that option all week. I plan on adding it to a hot key for quick usage. Thanks for the speedy response. :blush:

Summer2000

You can also select range. Hit ctrl+L, and then drag the end of the object, and it will draw in a loop of the range endlessly as far along in the track as you want. This is similar to the old Acid Pro (and others).

Also, in my system settings I assigned ctrl+R keys for applying range over selected objects.

Greg

Hi Greg,

I remember reading that in the manual but have not use much. I seem to use Ctrl-D for duplicate more to accomplish looping.

Summer2000

Ctrl+D duplicates objects, correct.

Ctrl+L will create a loop of anything within a RANGE (doesn't have to be an object), and then you can just 'draw' in the loop tagged onto the end of the object.

Both functions work perfectly.

Greg

Funny thing, I came to the forum to find the answer for this very same question... And for once its the very first thread I saw! :lol:

It's all a matter of learning the programs lingo, once you've worked with all the major DAW software apps before you pretty much know what you want to do, its just the learning curve of what each program calls whatever function or section of the program you want to manipulate that takes getting used too.

Thanks for the answer on this question. I knew it was something simple that i was overlooking. I need to tone down these menus a bit so they arent so cluttered with standard features I can access through key commands, and right clicking an object. I'm amazed that I even have the option to customize the menu to my liking... pure genius.