VariVerb as 5.0

Markuse

Hi There,

I wonder If there is someone else who would like to have the VariVerb workung in TrueStereo with a 5.0 output...?

I would love that, an algorithmic surround-reverb with a good sound. Excellent would be If there was the option that the input would follow the channel PAN...

Sascha, any plans to go there - It would be a nice feature for Sequoia - for music as well as for the post...?

kind regards,

Markus

• 2 weeks later...
OK. I'm afraid I didn't recognise it. I'll try.

Yeah, please try with a stereo input, perhaps test with pre-fx panning or so. You should be able to notice that extreme panning doesn't result in extreme reverb on either side, of course. That would be the case with dual-mono reverbs. VV's room/hall algos work with a matrix of delays that span a mesh over the 'virtual room' and take the source channel seperation and positioning into account. That should result in natural localisation.

Let me know if that works for you.

Yeah, please try with a stereo input, perhaps test with pre-fx panning or so. You should be able to notice that extreme panning doesn't result in extreme reverb on either side, of course. That would be the case with dual-mono reverbs. VV's room/hall algos work with a matrix of delays that span a mesh over the 'virtual room' and take the source channel seperation and positioning into account. That should result in natural localisation.

Sascha, so good to have you here at SAMPLITUDE for years!

And what about the extension to >=5 outputs ?

Best regards

DZ

Hm... it took me almost 1.5 years for the various VV algos. And that's 2 channels. Now you can do some calculus :blink:

Seriously, I'm not saying anything. As usual, we like to listen and gather feedback here. But any statement on future plans isn't up to us devs, no matter if 'yes' or 'no'.

Hm... it took me almost 1.5 years for the various VV algos. And that's 2 channels. Now you can do some calculus :blink:

Seriously, I'm not saying anything. As usual, we like to listen and gather feedback here. But any statement on future plans isn't up to us devs, no matter if 'yes' or 'no'.

What I wanted to say is that the Sequoia market (mostly broadcast in germany) needs better implementation for multichannel plugins in the very near future, especially for reverb. The roomsimulator isn' t a good thing here. It needs so much resources that you even kill the most newer computers. And you cannot parameterise sufficient.

The VariVerb could be a first step in that direction.

I don' t expect a "yes" or "no" here.

Best regards

DZ

Also, keep in mind that many multichannel vst plugins don't work seemlessly in surround in Sampliquoia...hence the request for VV multichannel version, since it's reliable and works well in stereo...

until these kinds of features are rock solid, it will be difficult to sell Sequoia as a serious audio for image post-production workhorse... it's wonderful for mastering and acoustic/classical work, but post-pro is a different beast altogether.

OL

You should be able to notice that extreme panning doesn't result in extreme reverb on either side, of course. That would be the case with dual-mono reverbs. VV's room/hall algos work with a matrix of delays that span a mesh over the 'virtual room' and take the source channel seperation and positioning into account. That should result in natural localisation.

I tried it with a stereo track with modest pan settings and worked fine with the advanced algos.

Thank You!

• 3 weeks later...

hi there,

cool I am not the only one with that idea ;-)

before VV can go 5.0 or something the whole surroundstructure should get a facelift... real surroundchannels, busses e.g.

expanding the 2.0 alghos to a say 5.0 surroundfield...

would be a real advantage in comparison to the competitors in the proaudio market, right?

neither PT nor Nuendo come up with something nice sounding and automatable... do they?

I do help myself using 2 instances of VV now for the front and the back...

happy new year,

markuse

• 3 months later...