Andrea Maio

VANDAL MIDI CONTROL PROBLEMS

Hi to everyone. I got Samplitude 11 Pro. I set in MIDI options my MIDI AKAI MPD as general recording MIDI and general Play MIDI. Obviously i've enabled it in MIDI IN and OUT port. Now i should control Vandal via MIDI. When i open Vandal and i go to the Global window nothing is displayed. If i try to set a cc7 to control the pregainclean selectng it in the MIDI control window, no MIDI message is recieved. Can someone explain how i can control hte MIDI targets in Vandal via an external MIDI controller?

Please watch the video at this link and let me know where i'm wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXeunYDKCdg

Thanks to everyone :lol:

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

things you should consider:

- the midi ctrl should be done from a seperate track (set to MIDI there)

- enable monitoring on both tracks

- enable hybrid engine

The rest inside vandal is fine, from what I've seen from your video. The global page has no meaning here (will be fixed anyway soon). There's also a bug with the amount slider, but that basically doesn't affect the general workflow. External messages should come through nonetheless.

There were reports were saving the whole midi setup doesn't work properly. This is about to be fixed soon as well.

Regards,

Sascha

Hi Andrea,

things you should consider:

- the midi ctrl should be done from a seperate track (set to MIDI there)

- enable monitoring on both tracks

- enable hybrid engine

The rest inside vandal is fine, from what I've seen from your video. The global page has no meaning here (will be fixed anyway soon). There's also a bug with the amount slider, but that basically doesn't affect the general workflow. External messages should come through nonetheless.

There were reports were saving the whole midi setup doesn't work properly. This is about to be fixed soon as well.

Regards,

Sascha

Thanks a lot Sascha. I'll wait for a patch to fix the bugs. For the MIDI set on the tracks it was an error i did. Sorry. Sitting tracks as MIDI, Vandal started to recieve MIDI Messages and start to work, so sorry for my error. :lol:

Regards

Andrea