Voodooman

Again:) Damned tempo map

I'm not sure whether it's mistake of my program or it's its feature, but when i'm marking track with tempo markers the only thing that happens is changing of metronom speed. So tempo changes don't affect (time-stretch) objects. Though, the grid is changing right and snap to grid (beats/bar) is active. So is it a program mistake?, or tempo-markers are used only for adapting vip tempo to object tempo?

I'm not sure whether it's mistake of my program or it's its feature, but when i'm marking track with tempo markers the only thing that happens is changing of metronom speed. So tempo changes don't affect (time-stretch) objects. Though, the grid is changing right and snap to grid (beats/bar) is active. So is it a program mistake?, or tempo-markers are used only for adapting vip tempo to object tempo?

The objects should bump to the desired grid-point if you nudge the node at the bottom-corner of the object using the pitch shift/time-stretch mouse mode.

Greg

The objects should bump to the desired grid-point if you nudge the node at the bottom-corner of the object using the pitch shift/time-stretch mouse mode.

Greg

Thaks, but a new problem is how to deal with multiple tempo-markers, when there is only one object. Cause when i make several markers and time-stretch object's end consequentially, Samplitude does some math and applies somehow average tempo to the object (using tempo-markers and project tempo i guess). So instead of changing tempo at certain marker it uses its new average tempo for the whole length of object.

And if i want gradual tempo increase, i know how to do it with tempo-markers ("interpolate/slide tempo"), but again it will affect only metronom and grid lines, how shoud i stretch single object to the gradually shrinking/expanding grid?)

Geez, it will be so much easier with tempo-track like in Cubase/Nuendo)

So, I'm presuming you're working with audio...

Anyways, you'll have to trim/cut your object at desired bpm change positions and then slide the object edges using the time-shift mouse mode.

In other words, if you have an object that's 16 bars long, and have tempo markers/changes at bars 4, 8, 12, then you should first cut the object at desired bar (or cue) positions, and then slide the edges over.

No, it's NOT automatic, so it won't just make the audio slip/slide/warp into the new positions.

Unfortunately it's been this way for a while in Samplitude (with it's objects) - later on the 'other guys' like Sonar, Logic, and Live eventually added in their 'warp' features.

I'm doing some of this now on a lead-guitar track, and while it works, it can get clumsy and unpredictable if you have a lot of tempo changes in a short range - (or in this particular case odd time signatures as well).

Is there room for improvement? Definitely. I have about 3 requests for improvements/updates with this feature. :D

Greg