eatlife

Is there a global function?

In pro tools I hold the alt key and what I do on one track effects all tracks . ie: I change volume on one they all change . IS there a function like this in samp?

shift (or ctrl to selectively select) + highlight tracks at the track name window to temporarily group tracks.

ctrl+a selects all objects in the tracks if you want to do things like object fades, etc.

Greg

shift (or ctrl to selectively select) + highlight tracks at the track name window to temporarily group tracks.

ctrl+a selects all objects in the tracks if you want to do things like object fades, etc.

Greg

THanks Greg, so I guess you can't do anything like that in samp huh? I know all of those techniques . They are just a lot less elegant than a one key global command .

I need to be able to reduce or increase all volumes across the mixer or all pans etc. How is this achieved??

Greg

THanks Greg, so I guess you can't do anything like that in samp huh? I know all of those techniques . They are just a lot less elegant than a one key global command .

I need to be able to reduce or increase all volumes across the mixer or all pans etc. How is this achieved??

Like I said, if you temp-group all the tracks, then all controls will be grouped.

Or you can assign a hotkey to 'hard' manually group track controls.

But there is no global highlight-all-tracks (that I know of) because Samplitude ALSO uses objects in addition to just being a track-based paradigm.

You have to select the tracks that you want grouped.

If you want them to stay grouped, then use the 'group track controls' (for a more robust grouping), or link the tracks (via the mixer button or hotkey).

It's just a matter of adapting Samplitude to your workflow because it is NOT Protools, and there are added functions when working with objects in addition to tracks.

Greg