Rob Gray

Music Maker to Samplitude

Hi

I have been dipping my toe into making music and have been using Music Maker 16 just to try and learn my way round DAW's. Its finally driven me mad with all the crashes and was wondering if an Upgrade to Samplitude might be the way forward.

I have got a free copy of Samplitude 11 Silver with Computer Music magazine to try out when I get home but can anyone confirm if its more stable than Music maker and can I use the existing Soundpools with it? Will it open My Existing arrangements from Music Maker (.MMM)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Rob,

You can't open MMM projects in Samplitude.

Music Maker is a different program.

You can't compare those two programs.

Why don't you give Samplitude a try and download the free 30 days trial.

It's full featured and has no limitations only that it is limited to 30 days :)

Download it HERE.

cheers,

-peter

You can't open .mmm project files in Samplitude, but you CAN render out your individual tracks in Music Maker and load them in Samplitude.

Most of the soundpools work, but Samplitude doesn't see the 'harmony' information that's embedded in some of the Music Maker loops.

Yes, you should just download the Samplitude demo and see how it runs on your system. This would also help you disqualify whether or not there is some conflict on your system that causes the crashes.

Greg

Hi ROb

I'm from the Sam9SE & 10SE from CM camp, and recently ( wait... since April ) been using Samplitude Producer 11

Yeah, YEah, it may be MM enhanced, but it works and sounds great to / for me.

It has all and does all I want for the time being

WINXP SP3 Dual Core, FYI, FWIW-works well and hasn't crashed

EdItEd: Oh once a soundpool froze my system but the project was saved Ok

I re-downloaded the sound pool and never froze again

I dont use soundpools anyway, but full honest disclosure there

Cheers guys I loaded up the Demo last night and its a lot more stable on my laptop. Transferred all the soundpools over too. Played about for a couple of hours and zero crashes!

MM would just crash as i put loops into the arrangement, I could be using it fine for hours then it would crash every time i opened the program.

Im running it on a 6 month old Windows 7 Levono laptop with a dual core pentium 2.2ghz with 4gb ram btw.

How would I render the MM arrangements to be read in Samplitude? Do you mean export each track of the arrangement as a Wav then load it into Samplitude?

How would I render the MM arrangements to be read in Samplitude? Do you mean export each track of the arrangement as a Wav then load it into Samplitude?

You can solo each track individually in MM and export out a wav files that can be drag-n-dropped into Samplitude.

Greg