Will Samp 9 Pro work on Win 7 64?

redddog

I just managed to install it on my Windows 7 x64 system and it is working without problems. Just insert the CD and run the setup. You may get an error towards the end to do with Windows media but just click cancel if that comes up. You may need to install the latest codemeter driver though. You can download it here :

http://www.wibu.de/files/cm4_20c/CodeMeterRuntime64.exe

Regards

Kraznet

That would be sweet.

There is a shroud of secrecy around whether you can purchase Samplitude 10 or not so this would save me a bundle if I could use it w/ win7.

Was yours a regular installation, Kraz or did you have to install it somewhere funky?

All I did was insert the CD and run the installer as usual. 32-bit programs are always installed into the Program x86 folder anyway. I didn't do anything funky. As I have V11 installed already along with the codemeter driver that probably helped. It would probably be a good idea to install the codemeter driver first. Hopefully you won't have any problems.

One thing I have noticed is that the Precount click before bar one seems to be silent for some reason. Although it works if you draw in a range elsewhere in the project. Not sure what that is :angry:

Regards

Kraznet

There was a problem with the Fireface 400 when Windows 7 first came out . The fix was to use the Windows 7 1394 legacy driver but the latest ff400 driver seems to have fixed this. Have you had problems then?

Regards

Kraznet

Yes. I have a firepod. My last computer died so we just got a new one with Windows 7 home version. Can't find any 1394 legacy driver in device manager. It sounds like I should have got the pro Windows 7 version to use XP mode. The home version doesn't have this option. I also noticed that Samp pro 9 doesn't allow me to burn DVDs or CDs anymore. Really appreciate your contributions on this fourm.

Windows 7 XP Mode is severly limited for DAW work so that wouldn't be a solution as it doen't support anything other than basic 16bit system audio from what I could tell .You should be able to load the 1394 legacy driver in W7. I will look into it again when I am at My Windows 7 machine tomorrow and do a short screencast for you. As far as DVD/CD burning maybe thats to do with the burn routines. Magix usually supply updated versions. I'll get back to you in 24 hrs or so .

Cheers

Kraznet

Windows 7 XP Mode is severly limited for DAW work so that wouldn't be a solution as it doen't support anything other than basic 16bit system audio from what I could tell .You should be able to load the 1394 legacy driver in W7. I will look into it again when I am at My Windows 7 machine tomorrow and do a short screencast for you. As far as DVD/CD burning maybe thats to do with the burn routines. Magix usually supply updated versions. I'll get back to you in 24 hrs or so .

Cheers

Kraznet

Thank you, sir.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Here's a quick video showing how to load the Legacy 1394 driver in Windows 7 :

How_to_install_Legacy_Firewire_W7.wmv

Regards

Kraznet

Thank you, Sir

I took my computer into the shop and found that the problem was actually that the firewire card. The store installed a firewire that only worked up until XP. The new firewire card they installed works and found the 1394 driver. I am very much thankful to you for your help.

Paul