Elf

Samplitude 12

I've heard a few people mention it: Is it likely to be released this year?

Are there any major differences between 11 and 12?

Is there anything that can be added to 11 from 12 as a patch?

I've heard a few people mention it: Is it likely to be released this year?

Sept 1st is the release date for the international version, July 15th for Germany.

Are there any major differences between 11 and 12?

You have to wait for the release to find out ;)

Is there anything that can be added to 11 from 12 as a patch?

Its a full version update, meaning its a complete version, not a patch as 11.21 is a patch.

Hi Tim

I'm obviously thinking; do I wait for 12 or do I go til the end of the demo and buy 11? That would be only six weeks before the release of 12! Hmmm, it would seem that life is made of dilemmas. :-/

I've been looking to find the best UK prices, and of course, such things don't exist here. So I had a look in Thomanns across in Deutschland, and sure enough, although they have some good deals, their prices are very strange:

MAGIX SAMPLITUDE 11 D

£283

http://www.thomann.de/gb/magix_samplitude_11_d.htm

MAGIX SAMPLITUDE 11 E

£377

http://www.thomann.de/gb/magix_samplitude_11_e.htm

MAGIX SAMPLITUDE 11 PRO D

£470

http://www.thomann.de/gb/magix_samplitude_11_d_pro.htm

MAGIX SAMPLITUDE 11 PRO E

£755

http://www.thomann.de/gb/magix_samplitude_11_pro_e.htm

The Magix Sequoia D and E are both the same price:

English:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/magix_sequoia_11_e.htm

Deutsch:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/magix_sequoia_11.htm

All prices inc' VAT but + shipping

I've just written to Thomanns to see what's what - I mean, a difference of nearly £300 for the English version of Pro???

If you buy Samplitude right before the release, you will be upgraded for free to version 12. I am not sure the grace period for Europe. Please email samplitude@magix.net to find out.

Please email samplitude@magix.net to find out.
Will do, thanks Tim! :)

@MountainKing:

"Es hängt alles irgendwo zusammen. Sie können sich am Hintern ein Haar ausreißen, dann tränt das Auge"

I think I can translate that without the aid of a dictionary:

Somehow, it all hangs together. One could pull a hair out from the back, then your eye'd run.

......but what does it mean metaphorically? If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

:D

Hehe ....

OK, what does it mean? I'm not a native speaker and I probably have difficulties explaining it. I try it:

If you do something on the one side you can be sure that something will happen on the other. Not sure WHAT it would be but there are connections everywhere.

And of course you're right by saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". :D But that's not what Mr. Cramer wanted to express.

But that's not what Mr. Cramer wanted to express.

LOL, he was in a corporate predicament.... he wanted to do something, but he knew that if he did, something catastrophic might happen; at the same time, if he did nothing, people may begin to wonder what he was getting paid for.

Your way of saying it is more poetic though!

Your non-native explanation was very good, thanks for the reply. :)

Thomanns wrote back, very apologetically, saying that Magix have an offer on only the German versions at the moment. :huh:

Hmmm, I can speak reasonable, although rusty German, but reading a technical manual is something else.

How about if I bought the German one and got the gratis upgrade to an English version?

Any good at metaphoricaly pulling some actual real strings there Mr Dolbear, sir, exceptionally helpful, nice, likeable person that you are!

united-airlines-embarrassing-grovelling-small-76270.jpg

:lol:

Ok, Magix wrote back with a reply about the European "grace" period purchase of 11 that will have a free upgrade to version 12.

It's july the 1st!

That has to one of the most reasonable things I've heard for a while. I'm genuinely impressed.

Shit, now I have to make sure I can strangle my Visa card some time next month!

After, definitely after - but maybe the 1st itself is ok too? :lol:

From Magix:

".....the time left on your demo fits perfectly as the grace period for the free update starts on July the 1st. So if you buy after the 1st of July, you are qualified to receive a free update to the new version.

Now that's just great, in the same sentence (Jorg) says after the 1st, but before that he says it starts on the 1st. Which means, I'm sure, from the 1st - commencing from that time. (Check your timezones!)

Myself, I would say order on the 2nd, then there can be no confusion. I will certainly not be ordering on the 1st!

From Magix:

".....the time left on your demo fits perfectly as the grace period for the free update starts on July the 1st. So if you buy after the 1st of July, you are qualified to receive a free update to the new version.

Now that's just great, in the same sentence (Jorg) says after the 1st, but before that he says it starts on the 1st. Which means, I'm sure, from the 1st - commencing from that time. (Check your timezones!)

Myself, I would say order on the 2nd, then there can be no confusion. I will certainly not be ordering on the 1st!

I find this totally & absolutely unfair for the rest of the world outside Germany. Total discrimination & so (unless there is a 'real' explanation to the rest of the world) I shall not pay another penny towards the Magix coffers until they revise this stance. From one totally annoyed customer!!!!!!!

Magix is so kind to offer you a free update to V12 is you purchase V11 after the 1st. Don't see what's there to be frustrated about?

I find this totally & absolutely unfair for the rest of the world outside Germany. Total discrimination & so (unless there is a 'real' explanation to the rest of the world) I shall not pay another penny towards the Magix coffers until they revise this stance. From one totally annoyed customer!!!!!!!

The difference between the German release and the rest is simply do to Printing and manufacturing and shipping time frames. German version gets manufactured, then the English version get manufactured and shipped.

Its all good, no conspiracy. :)

From Magix:

It is a strange stance I must admit. I have no idea why they choose to do that?

I'm just waiting for a confirmation on the order of the German version as the price difference with English is, well, unbelievable.

It does seem very strange that they would make such a really cool offer - the grace period - and yet keep the rest of the world waiting? Bizarre really.

I've found the staff I'm in contact with very helpful, perhaps I'll ask them some time.

Its all good, no conspiracy. :)

LOL, I should have read a bit further down before I posted :rolleyes:

Magix is so kind to offer you a free update to V12 is you purchase V11 after the 1st. Don't see what's there to be frustrated about?

That is top cool, no doubt. 100% very un-corp-like.

I agree (joke).........so I bought the German version and we are all very happy. :rolleyes:

Hey, just think Bupper, you could walk there and buy it without getting your feet wet ! I had to swim 21 miles and do combat with Druids, mad witches and Englishmen to get there. :o

German version gets manufactured, then the English version get manufactured and shipped.

I would be happy to proof read the manual and such for spelling errors in exchange for a version 12!

:D

There is no reason in this day and age for all the grammitcal problems Magix puts forth in its software and reading material.