Elf

Why did you come to Samplitude or Sequoia?

To support the germination of the German nation.

wow!!! I'd almost forgotten the forum existed I've been so busy!

It's so funny to get an email about this thread and read your comment - it's a real picture of just how strange this forum is!

Cymru am byth !

wales-flag-y-ddraig-goch-the-red-dragon--950-p.jpg

Started with Logic about 5 years ago on A G5.Then Apple decided that i needed a newIntel Mac to keep up

with logic ,so I disagreed and bought a PC .Use Ableton and Samp pro .

Samplitude the sound is so clear ,balanced just sounds right .Mind you without Kraznet`s videos I am not sure i would have bought it.

Stumbled onto Samplitude around 2005. I'd been reading about it a bit, and it seemed to be the most full-featured DAW out there. I liked the editing module and the fact that great-sounding plugins were included. I do a lot of classical recording (although that's not all I do) and it seemed that a lot of classical recording guys used Samplitude or Sequoia. The other factor was the now-defunct Sam for Rent program. I was a doctoral student in music composition at the time, and I was flat broke. I couldn't afford an expensive software package outright, but I could afford to pay $35 per month or whatever it cost. When the program ended, I bought the software.

At the time, I was pretty much exclusively a Mac guy. I built a PC (Athlon64 at the time) and used that rig until pretty recently, when I finally got around to Boot-camping my Mac. I still do run Logic on the Mac side, mostly as a hangover from my days doing tech support for Apple. I've never used Sam for midi much, although maybe that will change. The only reason I've still got Logic is that I still more or less prefer a Mac environment for composing, but that's more habit than religion for me.

I've used pretty much every DAW on the planet. Besides Sam, I've run Logic and ProTools at home, used PT, Digital Performer, and Studio Vision and Sound Designer II back in the 90s. At the studio where I work, we've got Nuendo on Windows and PT and SoundBlade on Mac.

Samplitude blows them all out of the water. Still on Samplitude 11.2 here, but I'm kind of an evangelist for the program to my friends and colleagues. Some of them are probably getting sick of me plugging it all the time!

I had used many different DAWs (all or most but FL Studio and Ableton Live) (even some free ones) and am a very critical person, so I saw certain things that could be better here, better there, etc. I was very serious about my DAW handling MIDI, audio and notation and in such a manner that would not hinder me, and I wanted to work inside one DAW as much as possible, while the DAW had to be light enough (regarding system resources) to use. At some point, as it appeared as if Sonar, which I was using, seemed to get too bogged down resource-wise, I looked around. I researched SAWStudio at the time and it is probably the lightest I came across, but it was lacking in other important matters, while I didn't care much for the GUI. The next in line was Samplitude: not as light as SAWStudio yet still lighter than others is what I found, and it had the features I wanted generally (except for decent depth of notation capability). It still seemed better than the rest. Mmmmm-mm, how I enjoyed certain previous versions of Samplitude. (Now, I'm pissed off, because I'm having certain trouble with Pro X.)