Range playback nightmare!

Erik O.

I'm using Samplitude 11.

When I press spacebar, a range will be created automatically. When I press spacebar again, playback will begin and end according to the range. When playback stops, a new range will be created and the story repeats itself.

I don't know how I managed to activate this behavior, but I spent a LONG time trying to get rid of it. No luck. Please help! :unsure:

I'm using Samplitude 11.

When I press spacebar, a range will be created automatically. When I press spacebar again, playback will begin and end according to the range. When playback stops, a new range will be created and the story repeats itself.

I don't know how I managed to activate this behavior, but I spent a LONG time trying to get rid of it. No luck. Please help! :unsure:

What happens when you switch mouse-modes?

Have you tried removing the range?

Greg

What happens when you switch mouse-modes?

Have you tried removing the range?

Greg

I've tried both without luck. Maybe I should specify a bit : If I place the cursor on let's say bar #30 and press spacebar, the cursor will jump to bar #33. A range of 2 bars will automatically be created and nothing else happens. When I press spacebar again that range will be played back and when the cursor reaches the end of the range, a new one is created 3 bars ahead.

The only way I can stop this is to activate loop and create my own range. But of course that's not optimal.

This "thing" started all of a sudden while I was working with this fairly new session. When I open other sessions that misbehavior is gone which lead me to believe that I by accident must have hit some keyboard shortcut and activated some strange feature :unsure:

click or unclick, whichever way you do not have it already, the option, Play Cursor Independent Of Range, its under system options (Hit the Y key) and then its under General/program settings.

This is supposedly the o-ton mode (in German; I think "Live performance" in English). It is used for playbacks during shows or theater. it automatically creates a playback range over the selected object or to the next cd marker. Switch it off. It is on one of the many toolbars.

Georg

This is supposedly the o-ton mode (in German; I think "Live performance" in English). It is used for playbacks during shows or theater. it automatically creates a playback range over the selected object or to the next cd marker. Switch it off. It is on one of the many toolbars.

Georg

Bingo!! I found the o-tone mode option in Play/Rec - Playback Mode and de-activated it. It's a mystery how it was activated though, because there are no shortcuts assigned to it. Anyways, I'm so happy now :D

Thanks a lot for solving this out Georg and thanks to Tim for your suggestion.