Sign in to follow this  
roger//////gitarre

Anyone have a UAD they want to unload?

I'm looking to pick up a UAD, maybe you are upgrading and want to lose one. Nothing fancy like a quad, just serviceable for playing back these plugs. Not really in it for mastering etc.

message me if you have one you want to unload, with plugs all the better.

UAD 1176LN (m)

UAD 1176LN

UAD 1176LE

UAD 1176SE

UAD LA2A (m)

UAD NEVE 88RS (m)

UAD NEVE 88RS

UAD NEVE 1073 (m)

UAD NEVE 31102

UAD NEVE 33609

UAD Roland Dimension D

UAD Roland RE-201

UAD Realverb- Pro

UAD Pultec

UAD Moog Filter (m)

UAD DBX 160 (m)

UAD Cambridge

UAD Harrison 32c

UAD Phasor

UAD Studer A800

UAD EMT 250

UAD 4k Buss Compressor

NonUAD

CRONO X 3

PSP Mix Saturator

PSP MIx Pressor M

PSP Mix Pressor S

I'd recommend grabbing a UAD-1 with those licenses off eBay/second hand and buy a cheap UAD-2 single. That way you probably come the cheapest since hardly anyone wants the UAD-1s anymore (only if you have only PCI or need Nigel).

Best,

Peter

Hey Roger,

The UAD-1 is most of the times PCI, maybe you're lucky and get a rare PCIe though. Also, the UAD-2 single can load 2.5 times as many plugins as a UAD-1, the UAD-2 Duo 5 times and UAD-2 Quad 10 times. That's one thing but you said you don't need that much power. The other is that most people seem to have less trouble with UAD-2 compared to UAD-1.

To buy the single licenses is expensive and I know a few people who bought UAD-1s with licenses for cheap, bought a cheap UAD-2 too and transferred those licenses into the same account (not caring about the actual UAD-1 card). That way you can use the UAD-2 with more power but with all the plugins that you got cheap with the UAD-1. Definitely worth checking and calculating what gets you cheaper.

But maybe you're lucky and get a UAD-2 with liceneses for cheap anyway. :)

Best,

Peter

Thanks for the help Peter! Good info. :D

Hey Roger,

The UAD-1 is most of the times PCI, maybe you're lucky and get a rare PCIe though. Also, the UAD-2 single can load 2.5 times as many plugins as a UAD-1, the UAD-2 Duo 5 times and UAD-2 Quad 10 times. That's one thing but you said you don't need that much power. The other is that most people seem to have less trouble with UAD-2 compared to UAD-1.

To buy the single licenses is expensive and I know a few people who bought UAD-1s with licenses for cheap, bought a cheap UAD-2 too and transferred those licenses into the same account (not caring about the actual UAD-1 card). That way you can use the UAD-2 with more power but with all the plugins that you got cheap with the UAD-1. Definitely worth checking and calculating what gets you cheaper.

But maybe you're lucky and get a UAD-2 with liceneses for cheap anyway. :)

Best,

Peter

1. You have to get a UAD-2 because some of those plugs are UAD-2 only. Also 1 33609 running and a UAD-1 is full, done, out of CPU...

2. The PSP plugs are the v1.5 version from 1999.

3. The LinPLug CronoX3 I only use to trigger drum samples, using my sample library from my studio kit with different velocity/samples at each velocity level. I used nothing about the CronoX3 as intended for your project, if you get it you will wonder why yo got it. I do use it fro other things, but your project its simple a sample player.

ONE INSTANCE OF A PLUGIN KILLS A UAD 1?! :lol: That must be one super special plug! Generally speaking, one would hope that UAD could be more efficient by its very nature of trying to rid oneself of CPU usage by using it. Even an older model. Kind've surprised by that.

I figured as much with the Crono.

Thanks Tim.

UAD-1 was for its time, the Cambrige EQ, you could load like 30 of them or more. Now the UAD-2 has the power, on my system (UAD-2 Duo, Solo, and 2 UAD-1s) the 33609 uses 8% of my UAD-2 power.

UAD-1 was for its time, the Cambrige EQ, you could load like 30 of them or more. Now the UAD-2 has the power, on my system (UAD-2 Duo, Solo, and 2 UAD-1s) the 33609 uses 8% of my UAD-2 power.

I was always under the impression one needed just one ;)

I guess Sonic-Core (which I've had my eye on) is not really that expensive if you add up all the UADs. (unless one needs 3 or 4 of these as well :P )

http://www.sonic-core.net/shop/index.php?cat=c1_DSP-Audio-Platform.html