Weakendwarrior

Difference between Samplitude 11 Pro retail (boxed) and downloadable

Hello. I'm a relative newcomer to the board but have been a hobbyist recordist for some time. I've been using the Samplitude 11 demo and have decided to purchase the Pro version from ProAudioToys (great price). Anyway, after placing my order, I'm informed that the actual physical boxed set is no longer available but that I could be sent a dongle and a link to download the program. Apart from a physical manual (big plus to the boxed set)and the hassle of downloading gigabytes of files, is there anything else I would be missing by going the "virtual" rather than the "physical" route with this purchase?

Thank you for your consideration.

Hello. I'm a relative newcomer to the board but have been a hobbyist recordist for some time. I've been using the Samplitude 11 demo and have decided to purchase the Pro version from ProAudioToys (great price). Anyway, after placing my order, I'm informed that the actual physical boxed set is no longer available but that I could be sent a dongle and a link to download the program. Apart from a physical manual (big plus to the boxed set)and the hassle of downloading gigabytes of files, is there anything else I would be missing by going the "virtual" rather than the "physical" route with this purchase?

Thank you for your consideration.

You can try contacting Tim Dolbear on the main forum and he can probably help you out.

Greg

?

No Version 11 and v11 pro are not longer available, only v12 (Pro X) You can purchase Samplitude Pro X as a download or box, they are exactly the same content, just 1 is a box/DVD and 1 is download. Box gives you a manual and Download gives you a PDF.

Here is my video about Pro X so you can see the new stuff since v11: http://www.youtube.com/TimDolbearMagix

If you really want a boxed version of 11 Pro, you might try calling or visiting your nearest Guitar Center store. I recently saw it at one in my area.

If you really want a boxed version of 11 Pro, you might try calling or visiting your nearest Guitar Center store. I recently saw it at one in my area.

Both GC's here in my area have multiple boxes.

G