Sign in to follow this  
thyrdeye

Freezing tracks using Vandal

I'm just starting to get my head wrapped around Vandal. At first not overly impressed, but the more I use it the better I like it. I am probably doing something wrong though. I was able to hear the guitar and record on the track only when that icon on the track is selected (monitoring icon or speaker icon).

I hear the guitar through vandal but when I record it and play it back it's the guitar, but not going through Vandal.

So then I just use Vandal on the track of plain guitar and adjust the sound in Vandal. Then I freeze the track. That works...but I get a stereo bounce of the guitar through Vandal. It's actually kind of cool to be able to hear how it's going to sound, so you can have the right feel when playing, then when you play it back you can send it through vandal, see how it fits in the mix....adjust the sound in vandal and then freeze the track.

But shouldn't I be recording directly out of vandal. Is it because I have the monitoring set up wrong so that when the icon is selected I hear vandal but it' output is not being recorded.

Also is a frozen track just as good as a 32 bit wave file.

What am I doing wrong? How should I have the monitoring set up to record right from Vandal....or is freezing tracks a good way to do it?

Also can you set the tracks to freeze in mono?

HELP

THANKS