fcommans

Samplitude Pro X - Midi Not Saving

Hi All,

This is my first post here. I'm generally a pretty decent troubleshooter, but I'm new to Samplitude and this one has got me stumped. Setup is as follows:

Samplitude Pro X

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

8-Core AMD Bulldozer

16GB RAM

M-Audio Keystation 61 direct connected to USB 2.0 port

I'm trying to record a Midi track using a SoftSynth controlled with the Keystation. I set up the track, arm it to record and the first issue I run into is when I push the Master Record button, nothing happens. I have to push the Master Play button (after the Master Record button) to get the recording to start moving.

Recording appears to go ok and the second issue arises when I Stop the recording. I recieve the pop-up window asking me if the take was ok and when I click on the "OK" button to accept the take...the Midi information disappears...or is deleted without consent (hee hee). The recorded Region remains highlighted...it's just that all of the Midi information I played into that track is gone.

So...at the moment, I am totally unable to KEEP any recorded Midi on a track. I've searched the web, I've followed the "VST and Midi" video from the Samplitude site but can't seem to figure out how to get around this one.

Other than that...I'm loving Pro X! Great bit of software, lads!

Frankie

Another note...I've tried several SoftSynths...all are doing the same thing.

I also just tried using the Midi Editor and punched in some notes...THAT worked...the Midi stayed after recording was stopped.

Thanks again, mates...

Frankie

Hi Kraznet,

Thanks for the quick response, mate! I've attached the screenshot you requested.

I'm hoping I just need to check or uncheck something...would be nice if it was something that simple. :-)

post-20973-0-09771500-1343831675_thumb.jpg

Hi Kraznet,

WOW! I have to compliment you on being quick to respond. I can't think of any other time I have received help this quickly. Hat's off to you!!

I'm currently at work, but I will give these settings a try as soon as I get home this evening and post my results.

Cheers, mate.

-Frankie

Hi Kraznet,

So I changed those settings and now when I hit the Master Record button, playback begins and the transport moves but the Master Record button is blinking and no Midi is being recorded. I verified the track is armed for recording and set to record Midi. Feel like we're getting closer to a solution.

Cheers mate,

-Frankie

Check to see if you have punch in marker set.

Or are you trying to record within a range, because loop button is pressed, and markers are outside the range?

If so, then it would explain why the record button is blinking (waiting for punch in).

Greg

Hi Greg,

That was exactly it. I had a range drawn in. As soon as I removed it, Midi recording started working flawlessly.

Kraznet, Greg, thank you both for the quick replies and resolving my issue 100%!! I'll definitely be recommending Samplitude going forward. Excellent software and excellent support when needed.

Have a great weekend, mates and happy recording!

-Frankie

1343918224[/url]' post='212647']

Hi Greg,

That was exactly it. I had a range drawn in. As soon as I removed it, Midi recording started working flawlessly.

Kraznet, Greg, thank you both for the quick replies and resolving my issue 100%!! I'll definitely be recommending Samplitude going forward. Excellent software and excellent support when needed.

Have a great weekend, mates and happy recording!

-Frankie

Glad you got it sorted out.Range and loop recording should work also with or without punch in/out markers with overdub mode turned on.

Greg

I am having the same problem as the OP, and all remedies above won't work.

Can't record a midi object on a VST instrument track, the record button keeps blinking. No range is engaged, no punch markers set, rec modes set to "standard" and "overdub". The midi is playing fine live, the track is rec armed, but no data is written. Anything else I should look at?

thanks

ProX2Suite latest version, Win 10, Midi via HDSP9632

and it gets weirder-

when I record arm-an audio track in the same vip, ALONG with the vst track, objects are recorded on both tracks (no more rec button blinking), but the midi object on the VST track remains empty (does not record the notes played)

Do you have "Punch" enabled on the Transport? If punch is turned on but no punch markers are present this can sometimes be the problem.

Regards

Kraznet

Hi everyone, new user here, great to meet you! I too am having this same problem... Spent hours checking my setup as per the instructions above and elsewhere, applied every bit of advice but no joy. The record button (and punch in button above it) just keep flashing while the transport moves. Although i hear vst sound and meters respond, all that is recorded is a tiny sliver of nothing right at the start of the armed midi track. Please help!

5 minutes ago, Talisdream said:

Hi everyone, new user here, great to meet you! I too am having this same problem... Spent hours checking my setup as per the instructions above and elsewhere, applied every bit of advice but no joy. The record button (and punch in button above it) just keep flashing while the transport moves. Although i hear vst sound and meters respond, all that is recorded is a tiny sliver of nothing right at the start of the armed midi track. Please help!

Hi Talisdream and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems can you upload the project which is causing problems and I will check it out. 

Regards, Kraznet

34 minutes ago, Talisdream said:

Wow Kraznet, you are as speedy as I have heard! I am new and trying to make the demo version work, before the offer deadline ends tomorrow!! Not really sure what I'm doing but I've attached these two for you (I think!)

Kraznet2.EDL

Kraznet.VIP

Hi Talisdream.

I opened your VIP, assigned my midi controller to the input, hit record and the MIDI recorded straight away with no problems. There was no record or punch in button flashing, so I can only think there is a possible error with the install or something. Your best bet will be to press Y to open the Options and navigate to the 2nd entry from the bottom "Import/export". Click on the file icon and load up Samplitude Pro X3 Standard INZ. Then choose "Load and Restart". It's possible after doing that it might fix the problem. If not I will have to think about other solutions.

Regards, Kraznet

Samplitude Pro X3 Standard INZ.gif

Thanks for the useful gif but sadly it has not worked. I forgot to mention that the record button stays on if I record an audio track at the same time, but the midi still doesn't record. Hopefully you will have a moment of inspiration! Regards Talisdream

13 minutes ago, Talisdream said:

Thanks for the useful gif but sadly it has not worked. I forgot to mention that the record button stays on if I record an audio track at the same time, but the midi still doesn't record. Hopefully you will have a moment of inspiration! Regards Talisdream

That's a shame. Usually loading the standard INZ fixes many problems. As I said I loaded up your VIP and it recorded immediately so must be something with your computer configuration. Getting up and running to record midi in Samplitude is pretty straightforward and shouldn't cause these problems. Could you somehow record a GIF so I can actually see what's happening when you try to record? Licecap is free and does a good job I've uploaded it below. Also can I have a screenshot if possible of the audio setup window and the MIDI setup window? Press Y to get them.

Regards, Kraznet

Audio setup.jpg

MIDI Setup.jpg

licecap126-install.exe