bigtree

Plug-in Automation

Okay, I must be dense, lol. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to automate the wet/dry for a delay plug-in on a track. Is this possible?

Easiest way is to insert the delay and hold CTRL+ALT while you change with your mouse the parameter you want to change, e.g. Wet/Dry ratio. Otherwise you can go to the channel, use e.g. the Track Editor on the left, and then under Automation select the Delay->Wet/Dry->draw your curve...done.

Cheers,
Peter

Yes exactly as Peter said. Here's video showing you. Part one is drawing in automation manually and part two is using the Ctrl+ Alt method:

Regards

Kraznet

Kraznet,
I'm trying the ctrl+alt method for writing an automation script and I just cannot get it to work. I want it to work on an individual sound but I'll accept it working on a track, I've tried both ways so far with no luck. I can write it with any of the various tools available, it’s just that I believe what I'm trying to do would turn out so much better if I could just get this to work.
I'll try any of your suggestions, if anyone here actually knows what they’re doing you seem to.
Thanks,
Tom S

are we able to change the hotkeys Alt+Ctrl in the keyboard shortcut menu?

there are some plugins who use that combination.

thx,

OL