Looping a drum sample that is too short.

UppyDan

I often import a sample of a kick or snare that is too short to fill up two full beats. So I can't easily loop it unless I generate some silence in a WAV file, drag that after my drum sample, and glue to the two together?

I also tried time stretching the drum sample using several different stretching modes, but I didn't like the artifacts that happened.

Is there a way to do this more easily?

• 1 month later...

If your tempo for the project is set, you can right-click on the object and choose "Cut Objects" then "Duplicate Objects multiple". In the dialogue box that comes up, go to the "Delta Time" area and change the "Bars:" setting to whatever you want the gap between the object starts to be (i.e. 001:00:000 for 1 bar between object starts, 000:01:000 for 1 beat between, etc.).

• 2 months later...

Set your Snap to Grid to Bars and Beats, and select a range that includes your sample/s that is the length that you'd like to make your loop. Then use the Track Bounce dialog to bounce the selected range to a new object in your VIP. Then, you can loop that new object and it will be the correct length.