Kraznet

FabFilter Pro-Q2 - Announced - any fans?

I see Fab Filter Pro Q" has been announced 28th Aug . It looks very interesting and they also have something called "spectrum grab" which looks like it might be Har-bal like feature. I think their plug-ins have a very nicely designed GUI and are user-friendly.

Kraznet

Pro Q is one of my favourite eq's, if not my favourite.

The new plug in looks very nice with some great new features.

Pure gear lust...lol...I don't need it but I want it!

Isn't that part of the fun?

A good little EQ with a great sound is the TDR SlickEQ Gentleman's Edition. Sounds great and won't break the bank. In general I prefer the more traditional all-buttons no-graph EQs because I can concentrate on the sound while moving the buttons. When there is a graph, I find myself paying more attention to the numbers and little curves...

But this FabFilter EQ looks irresistible....

Awesome, using the V1 already; I just love the Fabfilter UIs. Now add some dynamic functions, too or merge it with their MB compressor and this would probably be the only (neutral) EQ I would use ever.

I love the full screen too. And the transient edit hit the mark, how cool is that! The list of wow's on this EQ is amazing. Digital audio is getting really exciting.

RC3 here. Samplitude Pro X compatibility confirmed at 100%. Spectrum grab use SC to match input, very easy and smooth, also checked in SPX. Also you can freeze the spectrum and ride over the spectrum and notch frequency, very useful for remove resonances or also for live sound.

This EQ will retire every other EQ in my little arsenal. Might keep Slick EQ GE just for variety, but this is it. Hard to imagine anything significantly better (until somebody comes up with sone unexpected gimmick....lol).

Love to work with as few tools as possible - helps keep the focus on music, not tweaking.

Things look normal here to me..........

Cheers,

Bob.

OT question: Is it just me or is the complete font of this forum just gone fat?

Things look normal here to me..........

Cheers,

Bob.

OT question: Is it just me or is the complete font of this forum just gone fat?

Looks fine on my iPad too. It's only in Google Chrome on my Laptop, if anyone has any idea what could be wrong there...

BTT: I want that EQ. Did anyone have a look what ressources that plugin needs? CPU hungry or not? Just as a matter of interest.

What's the story with licence? ILok or serial? I have 4 systems where I usually install my stuff, would be great if that was possible.

What's the story with licence? ILok or serial? I have 4 systems where I usually install my stuff, would be great if that was possible.

Here is the licensing tutorial from my Fabfilter user account. Although I have left out the license key. Which would normally be in a box above.

Follow these steps to enter your license key:

1. If you have not already downloaded and installed FabFilter Pro-L, Pro-Q and Pro-C, you should do that first. You can download all our products in Windows and Mac OS X versions from www.fabfilter.com/download.

2. Highlight the license key above and press Ctrl+C to copy it to the Clipboard. NOTE: You need to highlight and copy the entire key, including the Product and Licensee lines! When in doubt, just press Ctrl+A to highlight all text and then press Ctrl+C.

3. Start one of the plug-ins from your bundle, and click the Enter License button that appears in the user interface. (You can also click Enter License on the Help menu in the plug-in.)

4. Click Paste in the Enter License dialog to paste your license key, and then click OK. The bundle license key will automatically be saved for the other plug-ins from your bundle, so you don't need to license them separately.

5. You will have to close and restart the plug-in host (for example Cubase) in order for the FabFilter plug-ins to verify your license.

You can contact us at info@fabfilter.com if you have any questions!

Return to your account home page

Hello,

Side-Chain does not work with the mono version of FABFILTER PRO-Q-2 in Samplitude ProX latest sad.png

Got this message from the FAB support:

"The mono version of Pro-Q 2 also offers a side chain, but most likely Samplitude doesn't recognize it as such. It probably thinks it's a stereo input. There's not much we can do about that..."

Would it be possible to solve that?

Thanks!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.