Revolta 2 Revitalized -- WHEN?

Scott473

To reiterate my OT comment from the other thread, Revolta 2 is in my opinion a truly excellent synth. It sounds great, the UI is easy to grasp and it still looks very good today having remained unchanged for years now. I've heard Sascha deserves credit for this excellent VST. Bravo!

It's simply a shame that this great instrument has languished for this long without any updates. Did somebody lose the recipe (or the source!)? If not, PLEASE assign somebody to bring this thing up to date. PLEASE!

Don't get me wrong, all the Vita stuff is nice, but DNe1 like it's siblings appears to be basically customized rompler with nowhere near the flexibility of Revolta. There doesn't appear to be a real synth anywhere else in the Pro X 3 Suite. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anybody else feel this way?

Chime in if, like me, you would also like to see Revolta 2 updated to modern specs so it can live comfortably in the 64 bit environment of Pro X. Just a 64 bit rebuild and a few bug fixes would be all I would need.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/30/2020 at 8:59 AM, Gazza1 said:

Can anyone recommend a good software synth 64 bit alternative to Revolta. I like the sounds etc on it but find 32 bit plugins glitchy so rarely use it.

Just use 64bit Revolta ^_^

It's included in Music Maker 2020 and 2021. So all you have to do is to install the free version of Music Maker (yes, there is one) and use the included 64bit Revolta 2 in Samplitude.

9 hours ago, brmichael said:

Just use 64bit Revolta ^_^

It's included in Music Maker 2020 and 2021. So all you have to do is to install the free version of Music Maker (yes, there is one) and use the included 64bit Revolta 2 in Samplitude.

Hi, thanks for the tip.

Can I check something? If I install the free MM , will it install a version of Samplitude also from what you said? Won't mess up my Sam5  config will they?

If I uninstall those progs after installing I guess it will remove the 64bit revolts?

Hi,

installation of Music Maker doesn't affect Samplitude installations.

As Music Maker and Samplitude store their plugins in different folders, you will have to copy Revolta from the Music Maker plugin folder to the Samplitude plugin folder manually. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Exit Samplitude.
  2. Download and install Music Maker 2021.
  3. Open Windows Explorer (press Windows-Key + E).
  4. Type (or copy&paste) "%programdata%\MAGIX\Music Maker\29\MxSynth" (without the quotes) into the address line and press Enter.
  5. Open a second instance of Windows Explorer by pressing Windows-Key + E again.
  6. Now type (or copy&paste) "%programdata%\MAGIX\Samplitude Pro X5\MxSynth" (without the quotes) into the address line and press Enter (if you have the suite, insert a space and "Suite" after "Samplitude Pro X5").
  7. Switch to the first Explorer window and select the folder named "Revolta 2". Then press Ctrl + C to copy it to the clipboard.
  8. Get back to the second Explorer Window.
  9. If there already is a folder named "Revolta 2", rename it (e. g. "Revolta 2_32").
  10. Press Ctrl + V to paste the Revolta 2 folder copied in step #7 into the Samplitude plugin folder.
  11. Run Samplitude and scan VSTs. This will replace the previously used 32bit Revolta by the 64bit version.
  12. Have fun ;)

I don't know what happens if you open a VIP created with 32bit Revolta while having 64bit Revolta installed, because I never used 32bit Revolta. Maybe you will have to edit your VIPs.

Michael

2 hours ago, brmichael said:

Hi,

installation of Music Maker doesn't affect Samplitude installations.

As Music Maker and Samplitude store their plugins in different folders, you will have to copy Revolta from the Music Maker plugin folder to the Samplitude plugin folder manually. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Exit Samplitude.
  2. Download and install Music Maker 2021.
  3. Open Windows Explorer (press Windows-Key + E).
  4. Type (or copy&paste) "%programdata%\MAGIX\Music Maker\29\MxSynth" (without the quotes) into the address line and press Enter.
  5. Open a second instance of Windows Explorer by pressing Windows-Key + E again.
  6. Now type (or copy&paste) "%programdata%\MAGIX\Samplitude Pro X5\MxSynth" (without the quotes) into the address line and press Enter (if you have the suite, insert a space and "Suite" after "Samplitude Pro X5").
  7. Switch to the first Explorer window and select the folder named "Revolta 2". Then press Ctrl + C to copy it to the clipboard.
  8. Get back to the second Explorer Window.
  9. If there already is a folder named "Revolta 2", rename it (e. g. "Revolta 2_32").
  10. Press Ctrl + V to paste the Revolta 2 folder copied in step #7 into the Samplitude plugin folder.
  11. Run Samplitude and scan VSTs. This will replace the previously used 32bit Revolta by the 64bit version.
  12. Have fun ;)

I don't know what happens if you open a VIP created with 32bit Revolta while having 64bit Revolta installed, because I never used 32bit Revolta. Maybe you will have to e

Brilliant. Thanks Michael :-)