SOUND FORGE Pro 12 Preview

TomW

Dear Beta User,

we have a first preview version for SOUND FORGE Pro 12 ready to download.

forge_x64_v12.zip -> https://extern.magix.com/pdl/download?id=st9fr9c5kmcj1pnqou7ly5kwy&Password=MtYCbGCg

It is the first 64 bit version of SOUND FORGE Pro.

You can just download the zip file, unpack the zip file to a folder of your choice. Then you need to run a batch named: regAplugins.bat

You can use your SOUND FORGE Pro 11 serial.

Please ffel free to work with this version. It is the first 64 bit version and that means a wide range of changes in the code so it is mandatory to test this new version very extensive. Please report us all bugs.

What is also included in this preview.

You have now the possibility to use POW-r Dithering in the Bit Depth Converter.

And it is possible to scan vst3 plugins. SO if you have any vst3 plugins you can see in now after scan and open it. Until now only the Preview funtionality is working. More comes soon.

I am very happy to provide you this version very early so that all your feedback will affect the development.

Lets make together a stable and valuable V12.

I wish you all a nice Christmas time.

SF pro 12  not crashing anymore after removing all vst3, and by putting back them one by one.

I hope some developer is reading this...
Please do something for sorting correctly vst3 in SF12!
Please allow users to backup somewhere how vst3 are sorted (registry or .ini files) please!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Thanks for all your feedback and a happy new year.

I was in holiday but now i am back in the office and i will take care about all the feedback.

VST3 is just in development. next week i will provide a newer preview. and your feedback always will be read dont worry. thats why we are here.

i will take all the feedback to the backlog and then we work on it. That was just the first early preview :-)

and i its good that we test it in that early phase of development, then we have time to react on it.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

For those who dont want to wait until next week:

https://extern.magix.com/pdl/download?id=xag5v1wwaznacbqbekdu6f6nu&Password=QQHoZplw

VST3 should work now not only in preview mode.

We have some problems while scanning vst plugins, we will look into it and for this problems there will be an update later.

mp3 and ogg export was fixed.

We also work on an installer, for a more comfortable beta version for you.

I wish you all a nice weekend.

Best regards

Tom

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:01 PM, TomW said:

For those who dont want to wait until next week:

https://extern.magix.com/pdl/download?id=xag5v1wwaznacbqbekdu6f6nu&Password=QQHoZplw

VST3 should work now not only in preview mode.

We have some problems while scanning vst plugins, we will look into it and for this problems there will be an update later.

mp3 and ogg export was fixed.

We also work on an installer, for a more comfortable beta version for you.

I wish you all a nice weekend.

Best regards

Tom

What is the safe mode for?
Checked, it looks like SF doesn't see vst3, unchecked it crashes while scanning!

I made some more test. Vst3 scan is not stable yet. SF crashes as soon as I deposit Waves plugins.
It looks like the editor can't stand too many new plugins at a time.

Last but not least, may you please automaticaly sort plugins as done in SF studio?

Something that has always been missing, is the ability to manage the channel mapping in the audio settings in Preferences in the Options menu with the keyboard.

I am aware that this is a 2-column table, but I am unable to manipulate the right-hand column, with the keyboard where I would be able to select as to the device I wish to use for that channel. May be a context menu, Shift-F10,  could be added to each item to make that selection?

On 21.1.2018 at 12:15 PM, John Welsman said:

Something that has always been missing, is the ability to manage the channel mapping in the audio settings in Preferences in the Options menu with the keyboard.

I am aware that this is a 2-column table, but I am unable to manipulate the right-hand column, with the keyboard where I would be able to select as to the device I wish to use for that channel. May be a context menu, Shift-F10,  could be added to each item to make that selection?

DO you mean SOUND FORGE Audio Studio? or the Pro Version?