PhilM

SpectraLayers Pro 4

I can't open SpectraLayers Pro 4.0.   When I click on the Register and Activate tab, it freezes up.   I uninstalled and entered my email and the correct serial #.  Still it doesn't work.    I read someone's sugesstion and deleted some SpectralLayers related files in Programdata.  It didn't work for me.   I wrote to Magix a couple of days ago, and no reply yet.    

18 hours ago, PhilM said:

I can't open SpectraLayers Pro 4.0.   When I click on the Register and Activate tab, it freezes up.   I uninstalled and entered my email and the correct serial #.  Still it doesn't work.    I read someone's sugesstion and deleted some SpectralLayers related files in Programdata.  It didn't work for me.   I wrote to Magix a couple of days ago, and no reply yet.    

Me too. The links for offline activation send you to dead pages without the links they tell you to use.

Waiting for a reply from support.

I have found that sometimes I have to turn off my antivirus (and perhaps some other tray icon programs) before everything will work properly with those registrations. Naturally, I turn it right back on again when I am done.

Terry

I stopped Windows Defender and got rid of all open apps in the tray.   Still didn't work, but this time I noticed a choice to activate by phone.   So that I will try.  

OK add me to the list of people that cannot activate SpectraLayers Pro 4.0 . I have tried all I can think of, Run as Administrator, shutoff antivirus, stop as many things as I could. I uninstalled and ran the installer as admin, but it still freezes when I try to activate. I was able to register the product on line but that does not supply an activation code. Any Ideas would be great. I have sent a note to support.    Dan  

I'm really not sure why Spectral Layers Pro is causing so much problem. I did a quick test and uninstalled mine and then reinstalled it. The problem was it was already registered so it just started up without needing to activate it. The only thing I can think of at this time is that there is a problem with the activation server. Unfortunately I don't have any access to any of that so it's really in the hands of MAGIX support. Unless one of you makes a sudden breakthrough I think you may have to sit tight until MAGIX support get back to you.

One last thing the version of Spectral Layers Pro I have is 4.0.87 I presume you all have the same version?

Regards, Kraznet

I got it to activate using the procedure offline activation. when you enter your serial no. the offline option appears, i followed the instructions in the form and it generated a code in my product page. Entered he code and the program activated. You do not need another computer to do this, Hope this helps someone.  I will also post this to the other topic in the software topics.    Dan