davemac

cannot login on another w10 pc

I am typing on an old HP g6 laptop W7. I have bought my son (he France, me UK) a Lenovo T430 W10 laptop for Christmas. I have installed Samplitude Prox Silver on it for him to use whan he comes home*

That worked fine for the first 7 days but when I try to activate it  my login details are refused but DO work to get on this forum!

*He has bought Samplitude ProX 3 suite on DVD but that will be left in France and installed later.

Don't make my get Studio One for him to use over the holiday!

Dave.

Just tried to login to Service centre on this Lenovo T430, no go but I DO get logged in for this forum!?? Do I need different log in details for different parts of the MAGIX empire? 

Basically I just need an activation code for this laptop for Silver for son to use over the holiday until he gets back to France and can load up his ProX 3. 

Dave.

Back on my HP laptop (the Lenovo is 14" and my eyes are bad) Ha! I cannot login to the Service Centre with the details I use for the forum either!

This actually expains why I have always had trouble remebering my Magix login details...They are not "global"! I had assumed that once I was logged in for one part of the system my details would be updated to all the others? Seems not so.

My next recourse therefore is to go to the Service Centre and request another password. This I suppose means I shall then have a different password from the one here? Unles you can advise of a more sensible solution?

Bit daft don't you think?

Dave.

Have you create a Service Center login?

The Pro Audio Service Center It is not the same as the other Magix login, if you bought ProX3 from Magix online webshop that login is not conneted to the Service Center, that login is for Magix consumer products like Music Maker ...

You can use the same details to set up a Service Center account, so try to do that ...

Best, Thomas

Yeah Dave, the Magix website/logins are a bit confusing ... there is 2 different Magix logins for the ProX3 Suit bundle (+ the 3:d party stuff like Birdline Skins is registred on their website not at Magix)

Here’s a link for the 2 Magix Pro Audio logins:

https://www.magix.com/int/support/technical-support/pro-audio-support/

Best, Thomas

Cracked it! Now all I need to find is the Silver multitrack demo download!

You see, when son comes home I would like to have something on the laptop for him to play with. I am no musician, he is. Brilliant guitarst, rock, jazz and classical, sent me some Bach Inventions a week or so ago. The i5 Lenovo should be loads quicker than this old i3 HP but I don't have a stack of stuff to test it with.

I don't want to load it up with too much stuff in the UK because I want it to be as pristine as possible when he gets it back to France. I set it up with a Msoft W10 email account* and everyone has since told me NO! Never do that! I have had a process sent from the suppliers which, they assure me will allow my son to set it back to HIS requirements? I have told him to set it for a LOCAL account!

*That is "recommended" but then "they" would say that, wouldn't they!

Dave.