Sign in to follow this  
bachstudies

Pianos missing bottom A and A#?

When I load up any of the pianos in Independence (Pro X5 Suite) they are missing the bottom A and A-sharp...Has this always been the case for Indepedence even back into the Yellow Tools days?

As you know, the distance from B to C is 13 half-steps. Universally it is known that "13" is an unlucky number, and so, as luck would have it, the A and A# got lopped off.

That is the only reason I can imagine for it, but perhaps someone else has more information.

Terry

Ha! It's all very strange. I don't think they can in good conscience advertise a "grand" piano with only 86 notes available :). No Greig piano concerto happening on this virtual instrument :(.

I don't have Independence on my laptop and I'm away from home so I can't test this properly, but I loaded the Vita Grand. Looking at the on-screen keyboard, it goes down to C-2. It plays the bottom two notes A and A# that you mention, which are just below C0, but nothing below that. Are you trying to go lower than that?

Ok. I'm at home and you are quite right, two keys are missing from the bottom in Independence. Strange.

And the Vita Concert Grand does not have the same quality as Independence.

4 hours ago, browj2 said:

Ok. I'm at home and you are quite right, two keys are missing from the bottom in Independence. Strange.

Yep, sure is. I'd say there are rarely good odds on it staying that way too ;)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this