byxx

SAVE AS on certain drive issue

Dear Forum,

at the moment its not possible to save-as projects on a certain drive. Other DAWs do, but my magix software does not. would switch to another drive as a first step. but, Which settings are recommended to save magix software on a certain drive in WINDOWS10 (Sequoia13 here)? an attempt could be checking access rights in Windows and such...maybe there is some experience in the community in that direction.

THX

BX)

Hi byxx,

what kind of drive is it?

What exactly is happening? When exactly does saving fail? Do you get an error message?

Cheers

Christian

Hello tonminister,

its an internal drive. it is fat formatted to use both pc and mac files. the project folder is stored on that drive. could be that in that respect there might be a danger with file formats and permissions etc...

the program freezes and I use the task manager to force quit the program. I once saw an error message saying kind of that 0MB of the file could be saved. I try to catch it better if it occurs again. I can workaround saving to another location properly, but would be interested, what causes the behaviour. I also guess that the file is not corrupt.

This happens to other projects, too, which worked properly before. The moment you save, seq13 freezes. I also tried the project file in sampx5, the same happens.

thx!

So do you want to save Samplitude projects including all associated audio to a separate drive? If so you need to go to File > Clean up & Backup > Save complete VIP in..You can then navigate to the drive/folder you want to save it to and everything will be copied to that drive. 

Regards, Kraznet

Save complete VIP in.jpg

Hi Kraznet,

that´s clear. main problem is that the save function does not work on a certain drive. I dont know why. after using the save or save as function seq13 freezes/crashes. will work on another drive with your transfer method.

thx

Great, Thx Matfle. Dedicated Windows drives w/ NTFS works properly at least with the projects in question. Will check the HFS for windows idea.

I like to have one large backup drive for both systems. Thats where some of  the current projects with Sequoia are located and worked properly some time ago. For quick edits I used to work on the FAT drives and resave the little changes without having to move lots of GBs around. It makes sensse to move bigger projects with serious editing on a dedicated Windows NTFS drive, though.

Would be interesting to know about what to change. Georgs admin idea sounds to be a route to go.

THX

UPDATE: I checked the admin opening of Seq but still no functioning of saving projects on my Backup FAT Drive. Instead Seq freezes to having to quit force it. Cubase and ohers can be saved on that location, though.

UPDATE2. CrystalDisk analysis says something about pending sectors on that particular drive. Seems to be a drive failure.

exFat has no file size restrictions, would not take that into account. Wiping the file will be the next step.