Guest LinguaFranka

Independence 64 Bit Installer and Crashing when closing

Guest LinguaFranka

Hello,

I haven't used Independence for a while and wondered where the latest 64 Bit Mac installers can be found.

I have the full Independence Pro (non Samplitude) version, with the Premium library.

There seems to be various places to get the installer that download slightly different version numbers.

I'd like the latest 64 Bit version: the version from "My Products" seems to download 3.2 but elsewhere on here I've seen version 3.3.

Separately, when I close Logic projects, that contain Independence, it causes Logic to crash.

Does anyone know why this is and how to remedy it?

Thanks,

Guest LinguaFranka
2 hours ago, Guest LinguaFranka said:

Hello,

I haven't used Independence for a while and wondered where the latest 64 Bit Mac installers can be found.

I have the full Independence Pro (non Samplitude) version, with the Premium library.

There seems to be various places to get the installer that download slightly different version numbers.

I'd like the latest 64 Bit version: the version from "My Products" seems to download 3.2 but elsewhere on here I've seen version 3.3.

Separately, when I close Logic projects, that contain Independence, it causes Logic to crash.

Does anyone know why this is and how to remedy it?

Thanks,

It appears I have version 3.6.023, I'm unsure if this is 64 bit though.

Can anyone confirm as I wish to update my version of Mac OS X (currently on High Sierra).

I've attached a screenshot of the error message I get.

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 14.16.17.png

Guest LinguaFranka
16 hours ago, Kraznet said:

Independence installers can be found here:

https://www.magix.com/us/support/pro-audio-downloads/

Regards,
Kraznet

The installers at this link appear to be for the libraries rather than the application.

I'm only looking for the latest, 64 bit, Mac version of the application, rather than the library, which I already have installed.

The only link I can find for Independence software Suite mac is here https://www.magix.com/int/free-download/independence-free-sampler-software/ and it appears to be 3.2. I suggest you contact MAGIX support to see if there's any newer versions although I have a feeling they may not have updated it recently. I presume you registered the original version to your MAGIX account so you can send in a support ticket from there.

Regards, Kraznet

Guest LinguaFranka
2 hours ago, Kraznet said:

The only link I can find for Independence software Suite mac is here https://www.magix.com/int/free-download/independence-free-sampler-software/ and it appears to be 3.2. I suggest you contact MAGIX support to see if there's any newer versions although I have a feeling they may not have updated it recently. I presume you registered the original version to your MAGIX account so you can send in a support ticket from there.

Regards, Kraznet

Thanks,

Yes, the installer I have is from my Magix account.

They seem to have altered the support process, so that's it's almost impossible (not NI impossible), but much more difficult to contact them directly about Independence.

Can anyone else on here verify whether Independence for Mac is 64 Bit?

Downloading from my Magix account I get version 3.6.0.23 here. I created a small test project with 6 Independence instances and 6 different instruments with LPX 10.5.1 on Catalina 10.15.6 (Hardware is Hackintosh - I7-3770K) @128 and 44.1. I could save the project. The first time I tried to open again LPX quit. The next 4 times it opens smoothly. 

Indepence is very CPU friendly on this machine.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-19 um 12.19.31.png

Edited by werner

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.