Sign in to follow this  
madAhorn

New Christmas Song - Independence Percussion!!!

OK. It fit well in the mix.

At 3:41 min, the transition from the bass (Trumpets) to the high (Muted Trumpet) was very nice. They highlighted the solo very well. Which compressor do you usually use?

Hey, Thanks!

For trumpet, I try to use mostly Vocal Rider, which is all for this trumpet solo...

I still do quite a bit of manual volume editing also.

For Mastering, I used IZotope Ozone Elements 9 with Samplitude sMax 11

I like to use Nomad Factory for Rock. and sometimes Waves Infected Mushroom Pusher for more aggressive or electronic stuff..

On Vocals I do often use Izotope Nectar 3 with it's compressor and nice D-Esser, as I did on this song....

Ah... thanks! 

The combination of tools you use is very good, I know some of them well. The result of your work is very professional. I really like the "texture" of your music, it is very pleasant to hear and it is the type that will sound good on any physical audio player. I thought you were using some Fairchild 670 emulation, but I believe the iZotope package has some responsibility for that. I really appreciate the sound of the iZotope plugins. As for sMax11, it is a champion apart!

Stay up the good work! ;)