Multi instruments - how many instances do I need?

doministry

As simple as that...

As I am new to the Independence - and this sampler brings all I needed...

Two questions:

1. How to use multi intstruments? Let's say I want to use drums and I want to use some other synth or sample set. Do I need to have two instances of the Independence for this task?

2. What are the channels actually? I see I can load many different sample packs and assign them do different channels... But what does it give me actually?

Split things up so you aren't running 10-16 slots on one core of your PC.  That can cause issues with processing headroom as each instance is likely to be locked to one processor core.

Trying to use multi-core processing in plugins typically isn't recommended.  It's recommended to let the DAW handle this itself.

Upgrade to 32GB RAM so you don't have to worry about the RAM taken up by extra instances of the sampler instruments, if possible.

4 hours ago, Trensharo said:

Split things up so you aren't running 10-16 slots on one core of your PC.  That can cause issues with processing headroom as each instance is likely to be locked to one processor core.

Trying to use multi-core processing in plugins typically isn't recommended.  It's recommended to let the DAW handle this itself.

Upgrade to 32GB RAM so you don't have to worry about the RAM taken up by extra instances of the sampler instruments, if possible.

So by that you mean - rather use few instances of the Independence in order to work with complex textures?

On 12/27/2020 at 5:59 PM, doministry said:

So by that you mean - rather use few instances of the Independence in order to work with complex textures?

By that I mean I'd rather use 3 instances with 4 patches each than 1 instance with 12 patches.

Especially if you use Effects, etc. in the Sampler Workstation, you can end up with it being bottlenecked trying to run everything on one core.

If you split these up, the DAW can run different instances of the plugin on different processor cores, avoiding these types of bottlenecks.

Generally, you want to balance load across the processor cores.  This is hard to do when you're running tons of patches in those independence instances.

Plus, it makes template building worse, because you cannot disable/freeze instances in a modular fashion as well as when you split these things up.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:26 AM, Trensharo said:

By that I mean I'd rather use 3 instances with 4 patches each than 1 instance with 12 patches.

Especially if you use Effects, etc. in the Sampler Workstation, you can end up with it being bottlenecked trying to run everything on one core.

If you split these up, the DAW can run different instances of the plugin on different processor cores, avoiding these types of bottlenecks.

Generally, you want to balance load across the processor cores.  This is hard to do when you're running tons of patches in those independence instances.

Plus, it makes template building worse, because you cannot disable/freeze instances in a modular fashion as well as when you split these things up.

Thank you

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.