Sign in to follow this  
Samplidude

Effects live?

I'm using Samplitude Music Studio. Is it possible to get the effects while playing live. Now I can only hear the effect after the recording is done. Maybe something with routing?

Hi, I'm using Samplitude 2013 and in the past, I've been recording the guitar dry then adding vst's, but it's hard to get the feel of what I'm playing... when dry.

So, I've been trying lately to run vst's while I'm recording... to get a better feel of what's being recorded. but, whenever I click a vst plugin the noise, hissing and crackling is really bad. It too bad to record. Any ideas please... this is driving me round the twist? Recording a dry guitar, no problem, but as soon as I add a plugin to record... the noise is really bad.

Many thanks

On 2/2/2021 at 8:04 PM, HuggyBear said:

Hi, I'm using Samplitude 2013 and in the past, I've been recording the guitar dry then adding vst's, but it's hard to get the feel of what I'm playing... when dry.

So, I've been trying lately to run vst's while I'm recording... to get a better feel of what's being recorded. but, whenever I click a vst plugin the noise, hissing and crackling is really bad. It too bad to record. Any ideas please... this is driving me round the twist? Recording a dry guitar, no problem, but as soon as I add a plugin to record... the noise is really bad.

Many thanks

Hi @HuggyBear

What soundcard & driver are you using?

What are your ASIO buffer size settings?

You probably need to set a higher ASIO buffer, but keep in mind a higher buffer also gives size a higher latency.

Best, Thomas