BarryC

How Can I Align An Imported Track

Hi There,

I am slowly going mad, trying to import a wav file either by Drag and drop or via the Import menu item.
Every time I try to align it by dragging the track right but it moves half of the rest of the tracks or bits of tracks with it.
Clearly I am doing this wrong. Can some kind soul put me right please. Many Thans
I am running Windows 10 with Samplitude Music Studio 2020 or 21 about screen says 26.1.0.16 (DP3)

Many Thanks
Barry

There are several object modes in Samplitude. Switch to normal mode, and all objects will move independently.

There are also temporary keys for "link objects on one track to the right" and "link objects on all tracks to the right", i guess you have one of those modes enabled.

Cut and paste should also work, if you set the play cursor to the exact position for pasting.

Cheers

Christian

Hi Christian,

Many thanks for your reply. I much appreciated it.
I am getting by now with holding the K key while dragging the track.
Where can I find the "Switch to normal mode"?

Thank you once again.
Barry

Hi Christian,
I apologise for upsetting you. I am a complete newbie to this so please assume that currently, I know nothing.
I Am however learning fast. I did not look at the manual because I was using help which is at the top of the list and so far I have found nothing that I was looking for on other subjects, so there is a tendency to give up with it. I must be using the wrong terminology or something. However I have not searched for Object Modes before I have now and found it in both. However the Manual looks easier to follow than the help and Hallelujah, I have been able to select Normal Mode.
So, Thank you for your answers to date, including this one. They have been most helpful to a complete newbie.
Best regards

Barry

Hi Barry,

don't worry, it was just a question that should encourage you to take a look at the manual ;-) Worked.

There are also icons for the object modes, take a look at the tool bars.

And there is a search field in the editbale toolbars, that let's you find menu entries. Very useful.

Cheers

Christian