Tracks question

OK, first.. it's killing me to have to ask this, and the answer is likely to be painfully obvious, but as of right now, I'm stumped.

I am a long-time Pro Tools user, so that is probably working against me here, but have only had Samplitude for around 30 hours now, and I'm really liking it bar one thing.

I was able to create a new VIP project and imported a set of stems that I wanted to use to help me learn the program. The issue that I have is that all of the stems imported to individual tracks, that show Stereo when properties is looked at. They are all single-lane waveforms, and that's not a drama.. However, I see that Samplitude also uses stereo, dual-lane tracks.. and I want my stereo stems, (L&R), to reside in the same place so that they will be affected equally by whatever I do to them. I'm aware of grouping could achieve the same result, but it seems more work.

Is it possible, (and how), for me to combine my L and R stems into one track? I've skimmed through the manual, spent longer going through the tutorial pdf, and have searched the web, Google, this forum, general mish-mash without any luck, and it seems such a simple thing. (btw, Thanks Kraznet, your vids are great!)

At any rate.. even just a point in the right general direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Great to hear you got it sorted.

You might post your process for other PT users here. (I believe the "problem" is the odd way PT approaches stereo files).

Craig

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mathieujm said:

Import audio files / Option /Load L&R files as stereo.

Yes, just make sure the mono file names ends with _L and  _R or _Left and _Right ...