Samplitude Pro X6: Lyric Markers tutorial

Kraznet

• Kraznet changed the title to Samplitude Pro X6: Lyric Markers tutorial
2 hours ago, stern said:

Nice !! but how to deal with lyrics longer ?

You can paste a lot of words into the lyric market text box. But due to the way the window handles the text, the bigger the lyric display window the larger the text. Meaning fewer words are visible.  But if you find the text is going off the screen break the lyrics down into separate markers. That's why in the tutorial I broke verse 1 down into four separate markers. This also is  easier for the vocalist especially if they aren't familiar with the lyrics.
I notice a lot of vocalists read the lyrics of their iPhone/android device nowadays anyway. Although having the safety net of lyric markers is very useful especially for the producer/engineer and vocalists who are used to reading off their iPhone may find lyric markers helpful addition and it leaves them hands-free. But it takes time to set them up which I normally do pre-session so I'm prepared.

Kraznet

Thank you Kraznet for this very useful tutorial. However, by observing with you the functions of markers, it is clear that Magix has work to do in this regard.  The functions are excellent in themselves, but the marker rules and the markers themselves are visually deficient.

1) They are too small.

2) They do not color.

3) They are similar despite their differences in function (for some types, because for tempo markers it is excellent)

3) They do not place themselves in floors (one above the other) in the more distant views

4) The marker manager is incomplete (all functions and options should be available as an icon on the header

31 minutes ago, Marc Bourget said:

Thank you Kraznet for this very useful tutorial. However, by observing with you the functions of markers, it is clear that Magix has work to do in this regard.  The functions are excellent in themselves, but the marker rules and the markers themselves are visually deficient.

1) They are too small.

2) They do not color.

3) They are similar despite their differences in function (for some types, because for tempo markers it is excellent)

3) They do not place themselves in floors (one above the other) in the more distant views

4) The marker manager is incomplete (all functions and options should be available as an icon on the header

Hi Marc,

I agree with all your comments and they have been valid for many years. I would venture to say that every popular DAW has markers implemented better than Samplitude. Maybe @ricrac can look into it?

Regards,
Kraznet

Found a workaround in order to have longer text on screen and also more flexibility to manage those texts :

In last Samplitude update we can now have multiple videos items on the timeline. It can also be still images like .jpg

I use this old good freeware file viewer  https://www.irfanview.com/  you can copy/paste text to Irfanview and it create an image you can save as .jpg

Just drop your images to the timeline and open the video window ;)

Stern

yes unfortunately, these windows (same for time) are not optimized, there's always a lot of empty space, I don't know if we can call this a bug, but Magix could look into it, as for a milion a little annoying things since ages... :(

On 1/10/2022 at 12:07 AM, Philw said:

yes unfortunately, these windows (same for time) are not optimized, there's always a lot of empty space, I don't know if we can call this a bug, but Magix could look into it, as for a milion a little annoying things since ages... :(

You are still on ProX4?