Sign in to follow this  
spruce

After reading around on some other boards, I hear Samp 7.2 will be pretty cool with its improved midi functionality and what not. When is the _estimated_ release date and will there be a demo of that version available as well?

-spruce

Guest Guest

as far as I know the release is scheduled for October. I bet there will be a demo version available, but probably not right away...

Brock

Guest Jonathan

I have used logic on pc....but as we know they have quit production on the pc version. I have to say I am overwhelmingly enthusiastic about samp 7.2. If the midi options are there it is a no-brainer to purchase and become the heart of studios. I would like rewire support...as has been previously mentioned...and possibly a drum-map editor. The mixer layout is incredible. I also agree with another thread that the other DAWs (logic, cubase, dp, etc) all look like toys. This is serious software for a serious user. I am hoping 7.2 can bridge the midi gap it currently lacks. Everything else is rock solid. I know it has been out a while, but it is finally beginning to get the limelight for once. :D

If October is the release month, it cannot get here soon enough.

As an ex-Logic user, I am continually evaluating which software to use for my new midi sequencer. The Samp7 demo seems pretty good but I have a few reservations. Firstly, v7 Pro is very expensive. Secondly, some of the midi editing is a bit lacking, as is the rewire support. These issues need to be addressed before Samplitude Pro becauses a serious contender for people like me (hobbiest who only needs the audio capabilities of Classic + vsti/midi editing support).

sluggo