Sign in to follow this  
sluggo

two questions about v8 Classic

Firstly, the spec says 8 vsti (native support w/ single outputs). How does v8 Classic handle vsti that are multitimbral? 8 with only one channel per vsti? Or can it be multiple channels per vsti?

Secondly, what is MIDI machine control (MMC)? Does this have anything to do with being able to assign cc to vsti, so that I can control vsti parameters with my midi controller?

Regards

Guest niko

I am bumping this and want to ask an additional question:

Do the outputs of multi-out vsts count as far as the 64 track limit in classic is concerned?

In other words if I'd do a song using two vstis each with 16 outputs, would this reduce the

available track count for audio to 32? That would be pretty bad really...

Niko

Guest Guest
Firstly, the spec says 8 vsti (native support w/ single outputs). How does v8 Classic handle vsti that are multitimbral? 8 with only one channel per vsti? Or can it be multiple channels per vsti?

I think it´s the same, like in the pro. It´s multiple channels per VSTi (Stereo or Mono). Routing is absolutely flexible.

Secondly, what is MIDI machine control (MMC)? Does this have anything to do with being able to assign cc to vsti, so that I can control vsti parameters with my midi controller?

No. Midi Machine Control is a protocol for remote transport control (start, rw, ffw, stop, record) of or with external hardware. You know, old tape machines, video tape recorders. If you have a mixer with built in MMC (d8B), you can control Samplitudes transport controls with it.

Remote control of VSTi parameters with midi controller isn´t really possible yet.