Hello, I'm A Noob To Sam

JDMahler

Hello,

I just purchased SAM Pro and I'm LOVING it! I'm coming from a Pro Tools LE/TDM background and I can't believe what I've been missing.

Anyway, my first question, which may be dumb and simple, why can I only see the newcomer forum? I'm registered but can't enter the other forums.

Thanks!

Same here. Although I just registered. Perhaps I have to wait for authorization. Just bought used Sequoia 7.2 from a friend... Rockin... can't believe he went to Pro Tools

What do you think so far? I'm having a blast just tweaking with SAMP discovering all this stuff I can now do which I couldn't do with PT.

Good times!

Just bought used Sequoia 7.2 from a friend... Rockin... can't believe he went to Pro Tools

LOL! I think that's the first time I've ever heard of anyone going the "reverse" direction. B) I've used PT a couple times and used to have the PT Free version on a windows 98 drive.... I just don't see what all the fuss is about over PT.

It sounds like you got the better end on that deal! B)

-tkr

Just bought used Sequoia 7.2 from a friend... Rockin... can't believe he went to Pro Tools

LOL! I think that's the first time I've ever heard of anyone going the "reverse" direction. B) I've used PT a couple times and used to have the PT Free version on a windows 98 drive.... I just don't see what all the fuss is about over PT.

It sounds like you got the better end on that deal! B)

-tkr

Hmmm, now I can see the previously 'protected' threads, but can't post on them. Say's I don't have permission.

Are any admins around that could help me out.

Thanks!

hi jd,

you are set as a samplitude member (because you own Samplitude), so you are able to read newcomer, sam and seq-forum.

you are also allowed to reply and/or start topic and/or upload in newcomer and samplitude forum.

but you are not allowed to reply and/or start topic and/or upload in seqouia forum.

so maybe you wanted to post in sequoia-forum...

for all others: rules of forum organisation

Member: Read/Reply/Start/Upload (Newcomer Forum); Read (Samplitude Forum); Read (Sequoia Forum)

Sam Member: Read/Reply/Start/Upload (Newcomer Forum); Read/Reply/Start/Upload (Samplitude Forum); Read (Sequoia Forum)

Seq Member: Read/Reply/Start/Upload (Newcomer Forum); Read/Reply/Start/Upload (Samplitude Forum); Read/Reply/Start/Upload (Sequoia Forum)

[samplitude SE owner are set as Member]

i hope this makes some things more clear.

cheers, andy