can you still change the look 'skins' in the latest samplitude, and will it be also available in the next incarnation of samplitude. just seen this feature but was in relation to 7, but its a swing point for me, i moved from music studio delux to steinberg sl3, at which point steinberg managed to loose a customer - bad customer relations and product suport (hardware) so you have to go up in the world.

i have decided to either invest in samplitude or SAWstudio, so its down to this and rml's equivalent forums to make my choice.

i seem to find samplitude intuitive, but, and its a big but, i need your help to master this. i dont expect to be a master daw user for 3 or 4 years, but i will expect support, what can i expect from samplitude? already seen an indication of sawstudios, the designer answered a thread, so your turn, i shall be back ;)

Hi,

yes all Samplitude and Sequoia versions support skins from Ver5 onwards.

A lot of user skins were made around the Ver6 period and many still use them.

However, as features get added all the time, some buttons are missing from older skins. Still its ok if you know how to use the newer functions via right mouse menu for instance.

Of course each new Samplitude version come with a new skin so after a while you get a nice collection.

I've got around 10 skins loaded for easy changing.

Cheers

M

can you still change the look 'skins' in the latest samplitude, and will it be also available in the next incarnation of samplitude. just seen this feature but was in relation to 7, but its a swing point for me, i moved from music studio delux to steinberg sl3, at which point steinberg managed to loose a customer - bad customer relations and product suport (hardware) so you have to go up in the world.

i have decided to either invest in samplitude or SAWstudio, so its down to this and rml's equivalent forums to make my choice.

i seem to find samplitude intuitive, but, and its a big but, i need your help to master this. i dont expect to be a master daw user for 3 or 4 years, but i will expect support, what can i expect from samplitude? already seen an indication of sawstudios, the designer answered a thread, so your turn, i shall be back ;)

Yes, and there is developer participation in the Samplitude & Sequoia Forums (for registered users). I find SAMP Pro & Classic to be one of the best DAWs out htere. :)

Hey Lofi,

Honesty, both programs are so different that it really comes down to which program will work best for you. There are ex-Samplitude users in the SAW forum and there are ex-SAW users in the Samplitude forum. Both programs are known for their incredible sound engines, so I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

My personal experience has been with the SAW demo. I demo'd SAWStudio for several months before upgrading to Samplitude v8. I heard great things about SAW and wanted to check it out before forking out the money for the latest version of Samplitude. Somethings I really liked about SAW (mainly the speed and low latency and of course, incredible support from Bob Lentini) but there were a lot of others I thought were much better in Samplitude.... Which, for me were more important than screen refresh speed. :) Things like basic navigation, workflow, editing, the effects, etc.... Basically the things I really need to get work done. If you have any questions I can expand on these.

I did a lot of research into SAW, watched all the videos, read on the SAW forums, used the demo version a lot, and even spoke with one of SAW's sales guys, via email and IM.... But in the end Samplitude was a much better fit for me personally, so I put the money into Samplitude v8.

Try out the demo's for both programs and see which one makes the "connection". Unfortunately, Samplitude's demo is a lot more limited than SAW's demo version so it may actually be harder to connect with Samplitude. I remember getting quite frustrated with the limitations on Samplitude's the demo in comparison to SAW's. ;)

-tkr

http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...?showtopic=9576

i got a bit irrate in this thread because of the lack of support the first reply gave him, if i am going to test these progs properly then i would need these sorts of answers, if only to make sure that its right for me.

the teutonic approach to audio seems to be working best at the mo :)

I did try to point out why that might have been, whilst in no way suggesting that the suspicions definitely existed or were shared by myself. Didn't seem to be taken too well though... ;)

Let me assure you that a major part of these skins are being made by a vertiable Teuton named Norman. Synthax, owned by a Teuton as well btw, only sells them. I hope that this is teutonic enough for you. ;)

Cheers,

Sebastian