K-Slash

What's The V9 Skin ?

Please someone show me what is the skin (GUI) of Samplitude 9 ?

In the flash animations and the screenshots on the Samplitude website we can see many skins for the transport, or the sequencer view...

So what's the "real" V9 skin. Let me know :).

Examples :

The GUI that I want

01.jpg

Another

02.jpg

The last, ugly (in my view)

03.jpg

Yes they seem to have mixed and matched some of the skins but I would say the top one (the one that you want) is the V9 skin as it's not in V8 .Maybe there are a few new options . The bottom (ugly one) looks like a combination of the V8 VIP skin and transport with the new Track Editor stitched on at the side . Hopefully I can confirm that soon when my upgrade arrives .

Regards

Kraznet

Hopefully I can confirm that soon when my upgrade arrives .

Regards

Kraznet

Thanks, I'll wait your confirmation because maybe I'm strange but I can't use a software if I don't like the GUI (yeah I know that the most important things here are the features and the sound quality but when you compose and mix in the sequencer many hours in a day you need something who fit your eyes demand :)).

For now I use Cubase SX 3, but I need something more powered like Samplitude 9, with great built-in effects.

but when you compose and mix in the sequencer many hours in a day you need something who fit your eyes demand

I agree its very important that you are comfortable with GUI if you're spending so much time in front of it . I've been using the Alloy Skin Suite for quite awhile :

http://www.synthax.com/alloy_website/img/s_project2.jpg

http://www.synthax.com/alloy_website/img/s_mixer1.jpg

But the new skins do look very nice . Anyway I'll keep you posted .

Regards

Kraznet

I agree the top one looks very nice. I sure hope that is the default skin.

The only thing I don't like about it is the "flat" solid color faders. I plan on modifying the skin and putting some better looking "3D" sliders in it when I get my upgrade. :)

-tkr

The first and the second screenshot are both skins available in both V9 samplitude and V9 Sequoia.

The third one mixes an older single-track mixer skin with the new track editor (on the left) and the V8 samplitude skin.

Greetings,

Frank

The first and the second screenshot are both skins available in both V9 samplitude and V9 Sequoia.

Sweet! That's exactly what I wanted to hear! The first one is by far my favorite skin that I've ever seen for Samp. :)

-tkr