Fast Advice Please

Nightwind

I stopped by a relatively local but definately large music store today and asked if they had Samp. The guys says "Let me check my stock and went over to a PC on the counter. I strolled around for a sec and when he came back he handed me what appeared to be an unopend fully shrinked wrapped box of Samp 8.

"How much"? I asked

His reply... $50.00 :)

I looked at him in total disbelief and he said "Yeah.. its the most underated software i've ever seen"

I looked at every detail I could on the box. The stickers were there and everything was completely intact but I didn't purchase it because I just couldn't believe that the price was so low. I looked to see if it was an 'Upgrade' but could find nothing to indicate that it was.

I saw the same version again online for $41.00.

Have any of you ever seen Samp 8 anywhere for a price that low???

I take it this is the version with the dongle? - Does the dongle have to remain attached to a USB port in order to use the software?

I'm sitting here wondering if I should go back and get it.

Right.

The only indicator that I could see as to which version it was supposed to be was on the back where it listed a small portion of the features. There was a little 'x' marked for Midi.

Just as you can see here

So its either Samp Classic or Samp Pro and needless to say i couldn't tell what was inside as it was still shrink wrapped. Gonna stop back there tomorrow and take a better look.

For those of you so inclined here is the one on the internet: It even has the Synthax tag on it.

Right.

The only indicator that I could see as to which version it was supposed to be was on the back where it listed a small portion of the features. There was a little 'x' marked for Midi.

Just as you can see here

So its either Samp Classic or Samp Pro and needless to say i couldn't tell what was inside as it was still shrink wrapped. Gonna stop back there tomorrow and take a better look.

For those of you so inclined here is the one on the internet: It even has the Synthax tag on it.

From the description at the bottom of the Ebay page (no of tracks = 64, etc) it appears to be "Classic"

david

Well. Purchased it today.

Samp 8 Classic complete with dongle, CD, and instruction book for $50.

I can't tell you how glad I am just to have the instruction book alone. The online help files are great for quickies but theres nothing like sitting over a cup of hot java reading something you absolutely enjoy. :D

Any installation advise on the dongle would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Now if I can just keep my daughter from making my dongle into a spaceship for her Pokemon everything should be fine. ;)