File Management/cleanup

dwall

How are people getting unwanted takes off of their hard drive? I'm now having takes made into new files, because that makes more sense to me, cuz sometimes I will do 10 takes of a 3 second lick, and can git rid of 9 of them entirely. I've noticed that when asked "do you want to keep or delete the track", if I hit "delete", it stays on the hard drive in the project folder, even though it's no longer in the VIP. Is there a "remove unused samples" option? Or do I need to go in manually and delete unused samples? That sounds like too much hassle.

In cubase there's a trash in the audio pool (where you manage files), and you can remove any unwanted takes either from only the project, or from the the hard drive entirely. Is there anything like that in Samp 9? I want to be able to easily clean it up as I go along, not once the whole mixing process is done.

Thanks!

In the tools menu, there is a command "Delete unused samples". The manual suggests to clear the UNDO chain before in order to really loose all references to obsolete audio files.

Or use "File" > "Save complete VIP in...". In the next dialog you have the option to copy only samples which are used from the VIP.

Search in the online manual for "unused" or "delete unused" to find out more.

Greetings,

Frank

In the tools menu, there is a command "Delete unused samples". The manual suggests to clear the UNDO chain before in order to really loose all references to obsolete audio files.

Or use "File" > "Save complete VIP in...". In the next dialog you have the option to copy only samples which are used from the VIP.

Greetings,

Frank

Thanks Frank!

Thanks, Frank! I learned something new and very useful.

For the record, it is "Remove unused samples", and searching in the helpfile under "remove" finds it! :)

david