Questions From Future User !

FIMA

Hi !

I am Cubase User ! Couple hours ago, I have purchased Samplitude 8 from gentlemen, and will receive my copy within a period of one week.

I found Samplitude 8 manual and reference, but couldn't find answer for some of my questions.

1) Cubase has nice Tempo Editor, that looks like automation curves graph (vertically - tempo, and horizontally - time) Because it is graph, any type of tempo changes are possible, from drastic 100-130, to smooth -- changes over the time the entire composition.

Is Samplitude as flexible as Cubase in Tempo "department" ?

2)How is support for VST/VSTFx ? Any major glitches, problems ?? general discomfort working with VSTs ?

3)Support for MIDIFx ??? Is there anything remotely similar to MIDIFx in Samplitude ???

That is it for now, I think I will have more question later on !

Thanks for help !

1) There are Tempo markers, Signature markers and Position markers in Samplitude, which means you can edit your tempo directly in the time line (ruler) on top of the arranger window. More info about this can be found here: http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...showtopic=9467#

2) There are two playback modes in samplitude (one "monitoring mode" with low latency and one higher latency but lower cpu load mode), something new for you if you are coming from cubase. To play a VSTi live, it needs to be in monitoring mode. The manual will guide you how to setup everything.

Working with VSTi is more straightforward in V9, but no problem in V8.3 also.

3) There are no MIDI fx yet despite velocity scaling and MIDI channel mapping. You will need to apply things such as velocity compression, MIDI echo etc. manually in the MIDI Editor.

Greetings,

Frank

Thanks for taking time to reply !

Everything except #1 is clear.

I have looked through the post, but couldn't find answer for my question.

Samplitude looks great, so far it has everything I need! MIDI Editor and Note editor integration is something, I wish Steinberg would made it years ago.

There is no graphical tempo map editing in samplitude. But "drastic" tempo changes are possible, and also interpolated tempo changes between two points (tempo markers).

For example, you set a tempo marker with BPM 80 at bar 5 and another tempo marker with BPM 140 at bar 9. Then you can set up a "tempo ramp/interpolation" between these two tempo markers if you wish.

Samplitude looks great, so far it has everything I need! MIDI Editor and Note editor integration is something, I wish Steinberg would made it years ago.

Yes, the combined Score and Piano roll editing is a very nice feature in samplitude :) .

Please note that score editing is only available in V9, it's quite a new feature.

Greetings,

Frank