Recording While Playing Back Problem

lagoona

I'm just getting started with Samplitude 8.3 SE and have a problem with recording.

I record 1 track OK but when I try to record a 2nd track the 1st track gets recorded (bounced) onto the 2nd track. THis doesn't happen when I change the setting to Record without Playback, it just records my 2nd track, but of course then I can't hear the 1st track. I've tried various things. HAs anyone any ideas that could help?

THank you

Lagoona

Thanks Phil,

I've got a Soundblaster Audigy 32 PLatinum and I'm using the Asio4all driver. I don't seem to have any latency problems but could this have something to do with it maybe? I'm looking at the possibility of a loop somewhere but haven't found anything yet.

Lagoona

hi,

have you checked if you have not a strange wiring in your soundcard ?

Like a loop somewhere ?

Are you using a RME card ? if yes, check Totalmix settings...

best regards

Phil

I've just noticed that even with everything muted on the soundcard mixer the 1st track still records onto teh 2nd track. I was also thinking of the ASIO4ALL In and Out which are both set to 1 + 2 on track 1, if you're familiar with this, but when I set their output to either 3 + 4 or 5 + 6 there is no sound at all.

I'm not sure if this is relevant but just things I've been thinking about.

THanks again

Lagoona

I seem to have fixed it now by selecting the S/PDIF-In option in the recording part of the soundcards mixer. I don't really undertand this at all but it works now. Maybe it was looping round in some way as you suggested Phil - thanks for pointing me in the soundcard direction.

I want to get on with this software as it looks so promising, I've given up too soon with some others.

Thanks again

Lagoona

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have exactly the same problem, I am almost a total novice at computer multi track recording, my soundcard is a terratec dmx 6 fire, what I want to do is record many takes of guitar over a supplied track but I keep getting a mixed version, I want the recorded guitar on seperate tracks.

Any ideas?