Midi Bouncing/mix In File

slurve

hello evryone

would someone be nice enough to explain the right way to mix in file with audio and midi. I've tried mix in file,midi bouncing,internal mix down even tried to just bounce a midi seperatly to a new midi track . when bouncing is complete no midi was transfered. the help says something about global midi bouncing but I can't seem to find that anywhere. thank you very much for any help

kind regards

slurve

hi slurve,

with the option MixInFile (available in the Mixer window, below the master fader, the rightest button-pair folder-icon and On) you can directly record the things out of the master output into a wav-file. it doesn't matter if this is from a midi- or audio-object in your vip. (midi: you have to assign a vsti to the midi-track first, otherwise there is no sound...)

with the folder icon you can define where to save the MixInFile-file. with the On-button you switch MixInFile on and off.

every time you press play the MixInFile.wav-file will be overwritten except you rename the created file or define a new one after playback is finished.

hope this helps you.

cheers, andy

thank you very much for your reply. I don't have any vst's I beleive I'm using the sounds that came with my sound card program (audigy/creative sound front). What i do is right click on the programs menu on the left of the midi track and there is 127 instruments to choose from. I arm the track ,record what I want and then mix in file. I listen as the file is being mixed but when I go to the new file there is no midi audio in the new mix So if you could please please please tell me what I'm doing wrong I would be forever grateful!!

Kind regards

Slurve

hi slurve,

there is a slight problem with the Microsoft GS Wavetable SW. with that synth you can only play a midi-file but there is no workaround to record the sound you can hear out of your boxes, but you attach a physical record device (mp3-recorder / md-recorder) on your headphone-socket.

if you are using the soundblaster syhthi for playing the midi-file please do following:

in the first track (midi-track) select in Out-menu the soundblaster synthi and your favourite instrument under the Prg-menu.

then go to Recording Control of the windows Mixer and there select Midi as recording device.

back to samplitude create a second track under the midi track, arm it and then play the midi-object.

if you can see moving peaks, the signal from the soundblaster synthi is recordable.

then press r for recording while midi is played and now there should be the audio-object in the second track.

cheers, andy

hi Slurve and Andy,

there's a good alternative to Win Synth : SFZ player.

It's a soudfont player (free) from RGC Audio, you can load it like a Vsti on your midi track, and after that you can load in it the soundfont you want (*.sf2).

There's some *.sf2 banks to free download to replace the Win Synth bank, and then, you can boycott Win Synth, and got the sound !! :unsure:

For example, have a look at this one : AirFont340

but you will find a lot of another sounds in sf2 format.

cheers

Phil