Direct-x Vs. Vst Plug-ins In Sam V9

imdrecordings

hi S,

at first, Waves Plugins were originally programmed as Direct-X plugins. therefore in case of performance you should use this way to integrate this effect in your project.

nowadays waves programmed a so called Waves Shell which enabled usage of their features via VST. the main reason why was that VST plugins have more abilities, are automatable, means you can define a special time-dependend behaviour of this plugin...

but the con of making Waves plugs VST-able is a higher CPU load.

therefore you see 10% more on CPU load at VST than on Direct-X.

andy

hi S,

at first, Waves Plugins were originally programmed as Direct-X plugins. therefore in case of performance you should use this way to integrate this effect in your project.

nowadays waves programmed a so called Waves Shell which enabled usage of their features via VST. the main reason why was that VST plugins have more abilities, are automatable, means you can define a special time-dependend behaviour of this plugin...

but the con of making Waves plugs VST-able is a higher CPU load.

therefore you see 10% more on CPU load at VST than on Direct-X.

andy

Thanx Andy,

Is there any difference in sound quality, between the 2?

another thing... I'm a new SAM user... I'm used to Cubase SX3 and only used VST plug-ins, in my projects. Can you use both in a project. Is it a bad idea? Sorry for the stupid question... but I've never used DX plugs. For some reason, I was under the impression that they were out dated. (poor)

Thanx

Scott