Abnormal Cpu Spikes In V9/strange Uad-1 Behavior

imdrecordings

Has anyone been seeing any strange cpu spikes, using V9? Should "am track" be taking up 10% of my CPU? Is this normal? I'm running a RME FF800

2-UAD1

p4 3.4 P4S800D-X mobo 2g RAM

Cubase SX3 (runs great)

Sonar 6 Producer

Samplitude V9 Pro(issues)

<p>

CPU is going from 0%-14%-34%-4%-0%-11%-31%-24%-21%-0%-7% dry.gif

I'm using UAD-1 plugs with 8 mono tracks and one submix. UAD-1 os only at 61%.

hmmmm?

<p>

Set up for economy... buffer settings are at 1024 with 4 buffers. 24bit 44.1khz

ALSO: UAD-1 plugs (mainly Compressors LA2A,f-670,1176) start behaving funny... they aren't compressing at all. There VUE meters seem erratic or don't move at all.. :D

also.. UAD-1 is popping up the message about disable one or more plugs, when at 61% UAD METER CPU, when stopping and starting VIP.. Is there a registry patch I can do, that keeps the UAD plugs from unloading when play is stopped? Cubase SX3 keeps them loaded on Stop. Sonar6 and SAM V9 don't, and cause weird little errors.. I sent an email to UA Support as well...

<p>

let me know if you need more info.

<p>

Thanx

Scott

Hi Scott,

I don't think there's a problem with Samp DSP %. It never stays at the same %, it moves all the time.

I don't use UAD, so, I don't think you have a problem with UAD.

On older version (don't remember, perhaps v6) Samp DSP % didn't move like now.

cheers

Phil

Hi Scott,

I don't think there's a problem with Samp DSP %. It never stays at the same %, it moves all the time.

I don't use UAD, so, I don't think you have a problem with UAD.

On older version (don't remember, perhaps v6) Samp DSP % didn't move like now.

cheers

Phil

Bump...

Would anyone else care to contribute?

Thanx Phil.. :D

Scott

Hi Scott,

as phil stated, the CPU things are little remarkable. Where's the issue?

Diferrent for the UAD issues you state. I'd try the hybrid engine. This one's better compatible with UAD plugs in terms of function principles. I guess that also there will be no unload on playstop then.

Samplitude doesn't have any registry settings. All parameters are stored in .ini files.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Hi Scott,

as phil stated, the CPU things are little remarkable. Where's the issue?

Diferrent for the UAD issues you state. I'd try the hybrid engine. This one's better compatible with UAD plugs in terms of function principles. I guess that also there will be no unload on playstop then.

Samplitude doesn't have any registry settings. All parameters are stored in .ini files.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Thanx Sebastion,

The Hybrid suggestion worked beautifully.

Hybrid mode seems to be very unstable.. after some time spent mixing, I kept getting the "blue screen of death" saying something about _MMPOOL problems.. Whatever that is. any way. Hybrid mode seems a bit unstable at the moment.. I'm still messing around with SAM V9, trying to figure it out. There are so many options wit SAM V9, it some times keeps me guessing... AH!

Scott