Loading External Files Issue

dwall

The other day I created a new Samplitude file, opened the "Load/Import" menu, and loaded in 12 or so wav files all at once. I had selected the option to load each wav file to a separate track. It worked, except there was a weird issue: one of the wav files was not loaded to a track. Instead, it existed and sounded, but was not in a track. In other words, if I muted every track and hit play, I still heard the "ghost" track. I couldn't find it in the track manager either. I deleted every track and hit play, and STILL heard the ghost track. There was not a single object in the project window, yet I could hear this track.

I then started a new Samp project and imported the tracks one at a time. The same thing happened with another project I started, however one time, in yet another project, I tried importing fewer tracks and it worked (there wasn't a ghost track).

Please note that I tried both starting with a Samp project with several empty tracks as well as starting with an empty Samp project (when you load files into the project, the loading process at least attempts to create a track for each new file).

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a solution?

Thanks!

hi,

I already have this problem, I think I've posted in the forum ... must have a look.

Anyway, what you must do for this problem is : count the number of track you will need before import, and open a new vip with the n+1 track. When all is ok, just delete the unnecessary track.

cheers

Phil

hi,

I already have this problem, I think I've posted in the forum ... must have a look.

Anyway, what you must do for this problem is : count the number of track you will need before import, and open a new vip with the n+1 track. When all is ok, just delete the unnecessary track.

cheers

Phil

Ok, I'll give it a shot....if that doesn't work I'll have to go with the previous responder's suggestion.

Thanks!

-Dan

humm, I re read my post, :D hope you understand what I mean ...

and open a new vip with the n+1 track.

open a new vip with a number of tracks of n+1.

if that doesn't work I'll have to go with the previous responder's suggestion.

same here, but in France we don't have good ghost busters company. :(

B)

Phil