2 Questions For A New Guy...!

Angry Chair

Afternoon.

I got SE free with Computermusic (so far it's exceeded my expectations. Totally fantastic thank you..!) I have 2 questions though I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with...

1/ I use EZDrummer but find that I have to manually enter the drum hits via the Midi editor, which I don't mind doing as I can control the hits better. The reason I have to do this is because I can't get the drag and drops to sync properly. Is there any way around this....?? As I would like to be able to use drag and drop to create patterns quickly..! I can use the Midi keyboard I have to create a basic pattern though but find that I have to record a basic few bars, then leave the track recording til the end of the song, open up the editor and then manually write the rest of the patterns ..

2/ I would like to be able to use East West / Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition for Orchestra sounds etc. Does anyone know if SE is compatible with this...? I've had no joy with their website...!

Many thanks :D

Jay

hi jay,

to 1st) in midi editor its easy to draw created patterns. record your wished patterns, arrange them correctly and if you are satisfied switch to select-mode (ctrl+1), mark them all red and then press ctrl+p, as it will save them as a pattern in clipboard.

now switch to draw-pattern-mode (ctrl+4) and draw your copied pattern by drawing a line (not rectangle) at the region of the lowest note of your pattern.

to 2nd) you can insert your East West / Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition as a VST-Plugin. but these VSTi's are limited to 8 in sam se. (Limitations of SE look at attachment Versionsunterschiede_V8_engl.pdf)

cheers, andy

Evening

I've tried as suggested and this still doesn't work. I place the green start line at the start of the sequence and then drag to the end of the notes I want to copy, hit Control+C and then move the green line to the area I want to paste to (the grey bar at the top goes to a darker shade of grey) and hit Control+V and nothing happens..!

Select all works fine but this is no good to me. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong....!!

Thanks for your help thus far

Jay

Hi Jay,

paste position is the play cursor (start) position. If you have set a range (dark grey bar), the paste position is the left range border. This is due to the play cursor = range concept is samplitude.

Here is a screenshot: I have selected some notes (the red ones), copied and pasted at the play cursor position.

post-710-1165232878_thumb.jpg

Greetings,

Frank

Hi Jay,

paste position is the play cursor (start) position. If you have set a range (dark grey bar), the paste position is the left range border. This is due to the play cursor = range concept is samplitude.

Here is a screenshot: I have selected some notes (the red ones), copied and pasted at the play cursor position.

post-710-1165232878_thumb.jpg

Greetings,

Frank

Hi Frank

Many thanks for the reply. I've got it all working now...! My music writing has now got a lot easier...!

Thanks again

Jay