Samplitude Se Midi Problem

thejack

hey all.

im new to computer sofware recording and i am using samplitude SE through a presous firepod.

i am trying to make some midi parts just with my mouse in the midi editor but the midi sounds are not coming through my moniters that are connected to my firepod but they are coming through my headphones which are pluged in to my COMPUTERS headphone inputs. i've tried going into my computers control panel then going into sounds and audio devices and changing the defult soud playback device the the presonus in but when i click the pull down menu to see all of the playback devices the presonus is not in there. can anyone please help me?

thanks

cool. so it works when i set my midi output to to a soft synths but the only one i have is like the vb1bass and im looking to make some drums. am i going to have to get a drum soft synth or somthing because it seems like there is way more midi instruments when i dont set my output as the soft synth but they are only working through the computers heads phones and not the moniters.

What you see there are the different General Midi programs of the internal synth. Chances are you'll be able to play with them, but getting them back into Samp for mixdown might prove a hassle. You should be able to use the Firepod as default soundcard though, and hear the result through it.

There are loads and loads of cheap and free VST instruments out there, good and bad. KVR Audio (google it) is a great place to start.