Samplitude And Konnekt 24d

jacobo3d

Hello everybody,

I've just downloaded the Samplitude demo from the website, and I'm very impressed with this

software. I really like it, and I don't know if it's my imagination, but I found some sound quality

differences compared to other softwares.

Anyway, the thing is, I have a TC Eletronics Konnekt 24D, that has a DSP with some effects (Reverb, Comp, EQ, etc..). I was trying to use it as a hardware effects unit and use the unit built effects in Samplitude, but I couldn't find the way.

Anyone here has some experience with Samplitude and that unit? I'd really appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks!!

Anyone here has some experience with Samplitude and that unit? I'd really appreciate any help or advice!

I've done this with the Fabrik R. Try this: set up an Aux channel for the reverb and have that channel's output go to the ASIO output that's assigned for the TC effect (I think it was 7+8 but I don't have the unit here). Then on another channel to the right, set the input to ASIO 7+8 (Fabrik R's outputs) and turn monitoring on so you can hear the return in the mixer. You should be able to hear it just like any live input (but not in Peakmeter Monitoring mode). You'll get some latency that you can manually adjust later.

Good luck,

Graham

I've done this with the Fabrik R. Try this: set up an Aux channel for the reverb and have that channel's output go to the ASIO output that's assigned for the TC effect (I think it was 7+8 but I don't have the unit here). Then on another channel to the right, set the input to ASIO 7+8 (Fabrik R's outputs) and turn monitoring on so you can hear the return in the mixer. You should be able to hear it just like any live input (but not in Peakmeter Monitoring mode). You'll get some latency that you can manually adjust later.

Good luck,

Graham

Hey,

Thanks a lot for your response. I don't have the Samplitude here, so I didn't try it yet. As soon as I do, I'll write back to tell you how it was (or if I had some problems ;) )

Again, thanks a lot!

Jacobo.

Hi again,

Well... I think I'm too clumsy because I couldn't make it work ;)

I don't know if I minunderstood something... I should set the Fabrik routing

in computer s/r stereo in the TC near ctrl panel, right?

I just did the test in Samplitude with one single audio track project (to simplify).

But... I'm sure I'm missing something (I'm totally new in Samplitude. ;) ).

If you could give me some more details, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help!

You'll need a minimum of three channels:

1 Audio Track

2 Aux Track

3 Audio Track

Load/record some audio on Track 1. Set Track 1 to send to the Aux track.

On the bottom of the mixer, you can set the output for each track. You'll need to change the Aux track's output to the ASIO output that TC assigns for the Fabrik R. You're right about setting the TC to computer s/r stereo.

Set Track 3's input to the ASIO input that TC assigns for the Fabrik R return. You should record-arm this track. This track is now the return for the Fabrik R.

When you press play, you will see signal flowing to the Aux channel and if the ASIO channels and monitoring mode are set correctly you will then see and hear the reverb return on Audio track 3.

I hope that helps!

Graham

Hey, thanks a lot! It works now!

The problem before was the monitoring settings. It was "Hardware Monitoring".

Again, thanks so much for your help!

(I got another question about Samplitude and Guitar Rig, but I think I'll start another thread because it's a different subject)

Cheers!

Jacobo.

• 2 weeks later...

Konnekt still have some issues with drivers, and they especially affect to Mac users.

I'm a Windows user (unfortunaly), and I've been trying the Samplitude demo with

Konnekt 24D. I have drivers issues in my computer, so I still have to work with one

of the first drivers versions (yes, it's the opposite in my computer... older work better

than newer... weird). So, working with the best driver version for me, Samplitude runs

smoothly and with no issues. Much better than Cubase (the soft I own) I have to say,

so I'm seriously thinking about move to Samplitude.

Hope it helps!

Good luck!

I'm thinking about getting the Konnekt 24 but I cannot find any information concerning isues with Samp Anyone here know of any problem with Konnekt 24 and Samp V9??