Since I can't find a post yet...but in reference to:

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.p...asc&start=0

and

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=65531

and

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=65505

and

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=47139

Is there going to be a MAJOR push by Magix to absorb the pi$$ed off Cubase users?

ie: very tantalizing limited-time crossgrade offer?

:blink:

Post namm peeps, looks like a few companies will post news after namm about new crossgrade offers.

you should contact synthax. They'll be able to help too, after the show. :blink:

yeah, I told those mods to delete my account, as I no longer use steinberg stuff.

Samplitude handles all my sequencing needs ;)

Post namm peeps, looks like a few companies will post news after namm about new crossgrade offers.

you should contact synthax. They'll be able to help too, after the show. ;)

yeah, I told those mods to delete my account, as I no longer use steinberg stuff.

Samplitude handles all my sequencing needs B)

After ten fun-filled years with Steinberg, they've finally pulled one stunt too many. Enough is enough of this...stuff. R.I.P., Steinberg.

I hope Samplitude/Sequoia lures away many Cubase (and Nuendo) users.

Vindictive? Who...me? :blink:

Regards,

Will

(Samplitude User)

Hi Ric!! :blink:

Yer in good hands, the plugins sound great, sampletank comes with it, wich is okay.... ;)

but when you get it, read the manual, the object based editing is a little different from cubase/nuendo...its not as easy at first, but more precise.

But if you learn or setup your own key commands youll be fine.

Cheers

Mike

Hey.. the last Cubase i went for was SX3.. Im not gonna bother with 4. Just curious why people are jumping ship now ? Whats going on in SX thats so bad? Or is it supper buggy like there 1st releases always are?

Best , Rich

To save you the trouble of reading the posts at Cubase.net. For about a year, Steinberg has been promising a bugfix for SX3. It's been delayed a couple of time, and now, they've abandoned it due to lack of resources. I am a firm believer in say what you mean and mean what you say.

Hey.. the last Cubase i went for was SX3.. Im not gonna bother with 4. Just curious why people are jumping ship now ? Whats going on in SX thats so bad? Or is it supper buggy like there 1st releases always are?

Best , Rich

To save you the trouble of reading the posts at Cubase.net. For about a year, Steinberg has been promising a bugfix for SX3. It's been delayed a couple of time, and now, they've abandoned it due to lack of resources. I am a firm believer in say what you mean and mean what you say.

Hmm... gotcha. Thanks, Rich

rdolmat, just go ahead and place that crossgrade order :blink: You won't be sorry. I own both C4 and Sam9 Pro, and Sam9 gets all the playtime. I played around a little with C4 when I first got it, but haven't used it for anything real. No real reason to, Sam9 does all that I need. Plus you'll love the registered user's forum once you get your copy. Extremely helpful group of folks, and the devs are vocal members there too. It's a big bump up from SB no matter how you look at it.

JP

rdolmat, just go ahead and place that crossgrade order :blink: You won't be sorry. I own both C4 and Sam9 Pro, and Sam9 gets all the playtime. I played around a little with C4 when I first got it, but haven't used it for anything real. No real reason to, Sam9 does all that I need. Plus you'll love the registered user's forum once you get your copy. Extremely helpful group of folks, and the devs are vocal members there too. It's a big bump up from SB no matter how you look at it.

JP

I'm almost there! I'm still trying to tame the scrubbing tool! I have no clue how to actually control it so it's as smooth as SX3 scrub. It's all over the map.

I tried all the scrubbing types, adjusted the speed, used my MCU scrub wheel even...nothing, very unuseable when trying to find the top of the kick in a dense mix....hmm....

playback parameters under options /audio .......

theres the scrubbing options.

shuttle

Absolute

One Speed

Two Speed

and a few other parameters I havent messed with jog/shuttle yet. I have a Shuttle Pro 2 and a new Logitech G15 keyboard to set up all my commands, but I think the jog shuttle in Samp works the same in Cubase...

If NOT, then enough voices can change that pretty quickly. :blink:;)

playback parameters under options /audio .......

theres the scrubbing options.

shuttle

Absolute

One Speed

Two Speed

and a few other parameters I havent messed with jog/shuttle yet. I have a Shuttle Pro 2 and a new Logitech G15 keyboard to set up all my commands, but I think the jog shuttle in Samp works the same in Cubase...

If NOT, then enough voices can change that pretty quickly. ;)B)

Thanks Dr.

Yeah, I've fooled around with those settings, one's way too fast for any real detailed work, and the others don't weem to actually scrub backwards. It's more af a mini-loop going forward-startagain-forward-startagain-forward type of "scrub".

I'd like it to sound like "dew-wid-dew-wid-dew-wid" not, "dew-dew-dew-dew"

Yer right, kinda odd...

Although I dont scrub much...but if you do then yes it is an issue.

Maybe it'll be addressed in an update? ;)

I hope so! That would be great. I do TONS of editing of full-length mixes for commercials (60,30,15,10 second edits of full song) and I use that scrub more than I use the bathroom!

PS: Dr. thanks for all your help!

I was participating in the last MAGIX-internal shoot-out of scrub properties 15 months ago. All Steinberg apps were much worse than what was possible in Samplitude. We compared using the mouse as input device to exclude HW issues.

However: Scrub has an issue in V9 under HybridEngine at the moment. Maybe that's why you stumble?

Cheers,

S

ahhhhhh

yes! So its a known, "issue"....thanks Sebastian. ;)

Stupid me I havent tried the other engines....If Imused to hearing my vsti's and fx live during recording, will the others play them back at least? I know, I should just use the darn program :blink:

Plus you'll love the registered user's forum once you get your copy. Extremely helpful group of folks, and the devs are vocal members there too. It's a big bump up from SB no matter how you look at it.

JP

How do you get into the registered user's forum? I have registered my copy of Samplitude 8 Professional, but I did not receive additional forum privileges. I do have access to the updates and extras though.

I was participating in the last MAGIX-internal shoot-out of scrub properties 15 months ago. All Steinberg apps were much worse than what was possible in Samplitude. We compared using the mouse as input device to exclude HW issues.

However: Scrub has an issue in V9 under HybridEngine at the moment. Maybe that's why you stumble?

Cheers,

S

?! How did you get it working better than SX?....hmmm...let me try each engine...

......trying.........trying.......

hmmmm.maybe I'm just not used to it? I tried all the playback engines and scrub versions, but it seems like if I move my mouse by 0.000001 inch, the scrub moves way too fast (unless I zoom in very very close, but then what's the point of scrub if you have to zoom in so close?)

I tried adjusting the speed for all the options and everything. I want to be able to move the mouse a large distance, and have the scrub move slightly.

Can anyone else here tell me their difference in 'feeling' between Cubase and Sam? It's really hard to explain...

try the different engine modes.

I usually have it on mixer/fx monitoring..

Ill move it all the way to, monitoring engine mode..see what happens here....

AHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAA!!!

Magix.....please dont make evrything tied to the snap on snap off button. that buttion has too much control over my vip. thank you. ;):blink:

try the different engine modes.

I usually have it on mixer/fx monitoring..

Ill move it all the way to, monitoring engine mode..see what happens here....

AHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAA!!!

Magix.....please dont make evrything tied to the snap on snap off button. that buttion has too much control over my vip. thank you. ;):blink:

Thanks DF!

I'll try it tomorrow....I just sure hope I don't have to goto setup options each time I switch from recording to edits every 3 takes (just to use scrub)....that would sure slow work down!

How do you get into the registered user's forum? I have registered my copy of Samplitude 8 Professional, but I did not receive additional forum privileges. I do have access to the updates and extras though.

Once you have registered your copy of Samplitude, come to the Forum and register again here.

And that's it.

The software registration uses your e-mail address and the Forum uses your user name - simple really.

Once you have registered your copy of Samplitude, come to the Forum and register again here.

And that's it.

The software registration uses your e-mail address and the Forum uses your user name - simple really.

Thanks John for the reply. I have registered my product, and I have registered here, but I don't see the special forums. If I used different e-mail addresses for the forum and product registration, would that screw things up?

Also, I niticed in your sig that you have the RME fireface 400. I am thinking about getting the fireface 800. If you don't mind my asking. how do you like the 400?