How Do I Save Effect Presets

dhassay

using 8.01.

lets say i record a guitar track. in the mixer i start adding effects, both vst and dx. i open up the window that shows all of the effects and hit save but nothing happens. i have also tried to hit the copy button and then paste it into another track but that doesnt work. on a different song i have been able to save and use the copy/paste but only if the effect were vst. but if there is a dx effect in there it wont let me. is this a bug that has been fixed? i just want to be able to add all of the effects that i want to a track and then save that preset then use that same preset again in a different song.

thanks

does anyone know how to save effects presets (both vst and dx)? I have a bad feeling that I read somewhere that 8.01 doesnt do it but that some revision like 8.3 does. anyone know??

using 8.01.

lets say i record a guitar track. in the mixer i start adding effects, both vst and dx. i open up the window that shows all of the effects and hit save but nothing happens. i have also tried to hit the copy button and then paste it into another track but that doesnt work. on a different song i have been able to save and use the copy/paste but only if the effect were vst. but if there is a dx effect in there it wont let me. is this a bug that has been fixed? i just want to be able to add all of the effects that i want to a track and then save that preset then use that same preset again in a different song.

thanks

hi,

8.01 ...?

does anyone know how to save effects presets (both vst and dx)? I have a bad feeling that I read somewhere that 8.01 doesnt do it but that some revision like 8.3 does. anyone know??

:D well, do the update ! if 8.31 exists, it is for something, no ?

cheers

Phil

am i sensing someone being a smartass? does the update to 8.31 solve this problem? if not, then yes you are being a smartass. just looking for an answer to a question. did you see the name of the forum? its for newbies aka newcomers. wow, you just really rubbed me the wrong way dude. but thanks for at least attempting to get me somewhat of an answer.

hi,

8.01 ...?

:D well, do the update ! if 8.31 exists, it is for something, no ?

cheers

Phil

sorry ...

I just don't understand your post ... You even shouldn't post for that, you should first update, period. Why stay on 8.01 if 8.31 exist ? explain me ...

If you post "I'm on 8.x, does v9 ...etc ...?" I will understand, because you want to know something before buy the update, but 8.31 is free, so, update and see by yourself is the bug is fixed ... it's obvious, no ?

Phil

i suppose that would be obvious if i knew that the upgrade to 8.31 was free. I am not the owner of the program and dont know much about how magix and there updating works. the studio owner is going mental and i am just trying to help out with the last project that he is not able to finish. is this making more sense to you now? my point was and still is- i am a newbie with a question and your answer was smartass-ish. you should not assume that I know the same information that you know. that is the reason for posting a question. got it? thanks to the rest of you that gave helpful answers without the attitude.

sorry ...

I just don't understand your post ... You even shouldn't post for that, you should first update, period. Why stay on 8.01 if 8.31 exist ? explain me ...

If you post "I'm on 8.x, does v9 ...etc ...?" I will understand, because you want to know something before buy the update, but 8.31 is free, so, update and see by yourself is the bug is fixed ... it's obvious, no ?

Phil

i suppose that would be obvious if i knew that the upgrade to 8.31 was free. I am not the owner of the program and dont know much about how magix and there updating works. the studio owner is going mental and i am just trying to help out with the last project that he is not able to finish. is this making more sense to you now? my point was and still is- i am a newbie with a question and your answer was smartass-ish. you should not assume that I know the same information that you know. that is the reason for posting a question. got it? thanks to the rest of you that gave helpful answers without the attitude.

Do you have an English version 8.01?

If so, there's a good change that the save function is broken.

There is no English v8.01, just a cracked German version that

is "translated" to English, and quite a few functions were broken

during that "translation" procedure...

If the studio owner is going mental I'd tell him to:

1 - update to v8.31 if he uses a legit version

2 - buy Samplitude if he uses the English version 8.01

Regards,

Tobben