Are Any "pro" Studios Using Samplitude 9?

SEA

I have a friend who's a big "yamaberg" end user and asked if any "Pro" studios used Samp 9? :D

I do know of a mastering studio who uses it (so THAT should say something about Samp's sound quality), but then I started thinking about his question I thought... "What would I be using if I was a pro studio instead of a project studio?"

Like... "What do my clients want and use aleady?" (was the first thing I thought about.) I mean... if a lot potential clients call my "Pro" studio out of superpages etc. and asked "Do you have protools? I want to finish an old project of mine!" well then "YEAH"... I WOULD have to get protools regardless of whether it was a good as Samp, Cubase, etc

But regardless of that... are their people on the forum who own "Pro" studios who could say a few words regarding Samp? If not... perhaps some users on the forum know some pros who do! :lol:

Thanks,

Jamie B)

My understanding is that if you are doing classical stuff it's either SADiE or Sequoia - and Samplitude Pro is the little brother of Sequoia at a third of the price. :D

i think Samp's problem in terms of being used in so-called Pro studios is that most big studios probably still run Macs - i work in the telly industry and until very recently people were still using beige Macs with Avid! You can bet there were (perhaps even are) still some audio places using such equipment - especially if the main grunt is in outboard like ProTools. However i have noticed more Avids running on PCs, so maybe the 'Mac is Pro' mentallity is starting to shift and we may see Samp in some studios - it's certainly Pro enough.

The fact that there is no Mac version has kept me away from this product too - i'm trying the demo. i've gone from Atari (pro 24 to Cubeat) to PC (Cubase 1-3.5 i think) then Mac (up to VST5.1) then to PC (up to Cubase SX3), so you can see that all these platform changes have been a breeze because there were other platform versions of what i was already running.

However i've had enough of Steiny (long before this recent debacle) and may just bite the bullet and stick to PC. However i have been conciously trying to buy all new software (VSTis etc) to be cross platform in case i ever go back to Mac (eg. i don't use SE VSTis), Samp doesn't fit into this model, but seems such a good program with regular updates so i may yet be swayed.

i too would be interested to know if there are any Studios using it.

I got contracted recently to do 4 albums, all pre-production, programming and sequencing with my production partner..

A lot of what I am going to do in in my home studio, but it will be pro work, and for different labels and a dvd and some other thingies too.

and my main app will be Samplitude, even though I only have classic right now. Maybe i can coax a freebei to pro from magix????? B):):):lol::PB):D:lol::):P:D:D:lol:;):P:D:lol:

Most of your pro studios are using Sequoia- not Samplitude. Tons of mastering engineers out there (Sterling Sound, Airshow, Arf Digital, Euphonic, etc...). Walt Disney Records uses it, Soundworks- who is a top post house here in LA doing voice recording for animation and is doing the restoration for the Walt Disney Records catalog... In the classical world there are plenty of folks using Sequoia as well...

And those are just a few of the folks off the top of my head in this country. There is far more in Europe...

--Ben

I got contracted recently to do 4 albums, all pre-production, programming and sequencing with my production partner..

Congratulations Dr.Funk.

I recently got a contract for 5 or 6 CDs - three weeks recording + two weeks editing.

All editing done on Samplitude9 Pro.

So far, only five days recording and two days editing done; but the customer is delighted and the feedback from the first editing session has been superb.

First CD will be released after Easter, in the summer as the next recording session will be just before Easter and we have to record a few more tracks for the first CD.