Question For Former Cubase Users

Blueberry

I am starting to make a list of things I like better in Samplitude (and the things I think are not as good). Help sway me from the dark side to the Samplitude side. :D What do you like better in Samplitude that Cubase is weaker on.

I am starting to make a list of things I like better in Samplitude (and the things I think are not as good). Help sway me from the dark side to the Samplitude side. :D What do you like better in Samplitude that Cubase is weaker on.

Hey Blueberry!

This is a cool thread! I would be very curious to here from others who are experience Cubase users to tell us what Samplitude does better (or at least things they like better) than Cubase. :lol:

So forum... can anyone add a few things they like better in Samp?

Jamie

What do you like better in Samplitude that Cubase is weaker on.

My list:

- sound

- stability

- realtime object effects (Killer feature)

- built in effects (linear phase fx and analog modelling suite)

- audio editing

- workflow

- drum editor

- CD mastering (burning)

- POW-r dithering

- CPU efficiency (effects are only on, when processed - in classical engine)

- works perfect with MME drivers

- updates with free features ( .1 .2 .3 releases)

- Sam forum

- Synthax Alloy Skins

What do you like better in Samplitude that Cubase is weaker on.

My list:

- sound

- stability

- realtime object effects (Killer feature)

- built in effects (linear phase fx and analog modelling suite)

- audio editing

- workflow

- drum editor

- CD mastering (burning)

- POW-r dithering

- CPU efficiency (effects are only on, when processed - in classical engine)

- works perfect with MME drivers

- updates with free features ( .1 .2 .3 releases)

- Sam forum

- Synthax Alloy Skins

Thanks rstudio!

Say... were you a Cubase SX user as well?

Any details would be great!

Jamie

I have not been a Cubase user - but the following was posted on the Sound On Sound forum by a just about to be ex-Cubase user answering this very question:-

The advantages I found with Samplitude over Cubase are the following;

1. Better built in drum machine

2. It has a better sounding reverb.

3. It also offers a convolution reverb.

4. The Elastic audio editor is easer that what Cubase offers, and more flexible.

5. Red Book CD facility

6. Burns CD's.

7. It allows you to see the entire mixer with EQ, inserts, and FX all at once.

8. Better compressors over Cubase

9. Program uses less CPU to run.

10. Better program for mastering, more bells and whistles for mastering needs.

11. Arrange page shows more info on the left at the same time.

12. Everything with automation is seen on the wave. In Cubase they are hidden underneath on sub waves.

13. You can change the order of plug ins with the FX button in the track editor.

14. It has Sample Tank LE. Yeah I know Cubase 4 has a something too.

15. Has punch in markers which are separete form regular markers.

16. You can lock a track so you can't accidentally erase or change anything on a wave.

17. Object edior allows more control form one display page than Cubase.

18. Arrange page has different view options (depending if your mixing, recording or mastering).

19. There are different mixer skins to choose from.

20. Studio Editor is sweet.

21. People at Samplitude talk to you on the forms, not just some moderator.

22. Better customer service.

I don't know if Cubendo can do this one but... here's what I discovered in the midi editor in Samplitude 9!

In the midi editor... I could use the Velocity Tool to click on the midi note... then move my mouse up and down and hear the change of the velocity in real time! In Cubase, you can do something similar by selecting a tool and then changing the velocity by moving the lines in the graph below. However, I found using Samplitude's method was faster, smoother, and easier. If you have a chord... in Cubase all those lines are crammed next to of each other like french fries in a Micky D bag! ;)

A fellow Cubendo user said you can do the same thing in SX, however I don't think you can. Perhaps there's someone else that can shed some light on this one! :blink:

SEA :lol:

I don't know if Cubendo can do this one but... here's what I discovered in the midi editor in Samplitude 9!

In the midi editor... I could use the Velocity Tool to click on the midi note... then move my mouse up and down and hear the change of the velocity in real time! In Cubase, you can do something similar by selecting a tool and then changing the velocity by moving the lines in the graph below. However, I found using Samplitude's method was faster, smoother, and easier. If you have a chord... in Cubase all those lines are crammed next to of each other like french fries in a Micky D bag! :blink:

A fellow Cubendo user said you can do the same thing in SX, however I don't think you can. Perhaps there's someone else that can shed some light on this one! :lol:

SEA :)

Ok... I found out that you CAN'T do it the way Samplitude does it in Cubendo. All you can do is go up to the midi velocity level window above your track... click and drag your mouse on it... then go back to another midi note... click on it... then go up to the velocity window... click on it... then drag your mouse again, etc. One more step actually to slow me down! ;)

Plus, I have a Logitech wireless track ball and in Cubase I have to "click and hold" the function button above the left mouse button... then scroll the little mouse wheel on the left side of the track ballto hear and adjust the velocity.

In Samplitude, my trackball will adjust the midi note just fine! All I do is select the velocity tool... click on the note I want to change... scroll the ball up or down! Way Cool! ;)

This might seem like a small feature, but when you do like a 1,000 velocity adjustments in a day, it can add up to a lot of time and also more strain on your hand as well.

SEA ;)